the newest project

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
any body want to help?This is my and my dads idea to keep my 2 boys,and 2 nephews busy,and hopefully out of trouble when they get a little bit older.The idea is to let them do all the work,under really close observation,by me and my father.By the time this thing moves under its own power,they should have a good knowledge of all things mopar.I have been rounding up parts over the last summer,even though i just got the car it self yesturday.Ive been trading off stuff,and selling what i could to get this project underway.we have a 360 to build,a new 509 mopar cam i bought years ago,mopar valve springs,crane adjustable rockers,750 holley vaccum sec carbby.ive got a few different trannys laying around here,including a 904 thats been stock rebuilt.I did score some nos 6 cylinder torsion bars on ebay cheap,because the 340 k frame,and torsion bars will be going in my dart,and the darts 6 k frame will be swapped in its place.i have a 8.75 rearend in a 72 dodge truck that will be narrowed,moser axels ordered,and a new gear set put it.i have a cone type posi traded for a spool,to mr bill(convertriple73,thanks for the help with our project!)as soon as i can get some shipping money.Me and my father are gonna try to find some sponsors in our area,to help with our project,because the boys are so excited about it.They havent seen it yet,because i didnt get it home until last night,but they have talked about nothing else everytime ive seen them.

73 duster drag car project.jpg

73 duster drag car project8.jpg

73 duster drag car project 5.jpg

73 duster drag car project 7.jpg

73 duster drag car project 2.jpg

73 duster grag car project 6.jpg

73 duster drag car project 3.jpg

74 gold duster parts car.jpg

74 gold duster parts car 3.jpg

74 gold duster parts car 4.jpg

looks like you got most of the parts laying around. nothing better than an old Mopar to keep kids out of trouble. Good luck and Happy teaching.

It was hot here today,76degrees,so i couldnt sit inside and waste it.I got the hood,decklid,right door swapped onto the dragcar body today,its aggravting by yourself,but i got them all on,also swapped the hood latches,and trunklatch.i got to figure out what the biggest size rear tire we can fit on here,gonna tub it to theframe rails,but dont want to cut the rails out.I want to keep leaf springs on here,of course superstock leafs,but dont want to get into 4 links or anything.I also dont want the tires hanging outside the wheel wells,waht are yaw running?

-
Back