The official FABO machinist/member collaboration, busted 340 thread

-
@toolmanmike why is the peckerwood still allowed to sell on the site after this?
Not my decision. You would have to ask Joey about that. He has a 50 count feedback with a 100% rating. I don't know what went wrong for sure. It's something he needs to deal with and if anyone reads this thread they will figure out who not to buy from.

What say you @rlcbit ?

Not my decision. You would have to ask Joey about that. He has a 50 count feedback with a 100% rating. I don't know what went wrong for sure. It's something he needs to deal with and if anyone reads this thread they will figure out who not to buy from.

What say you @rlcbit ?

He won’t reply here, he’s been tagged many times and he’s obviously seen it since he’s active on this site, he’s avoiding the messages sent to him as well....think he would have the decency to at least reply to the member he sold the engine to

:popcorn:

Last edited:
You need to look a little further.
The phrase “caveat emptor” is Latin for “let the buyer beware. It was a warning to other members to be cautious buying from this particular seller.
I sell real estate and I know that word well. I'm my own worst enemy and point out to clients what's Bad about a property more than what is good if I know it's a bad deal. Frustrating what's happened to the market recently and what people have paid for money pits.

I think it’s bull$hit the seller of this engine hasn’t reached out or said a word. Some of us knew who it was when this thread was started, we seen this member posting on the site, you can also see when they were last on the site and what they were viewing and still nothing....that right there speaks volume of his shady dealings.
My best guess is he's got no defense. I know, for myself, nothing bothers me much more than being accused of something that I'm innocent of.

If nothing else, this is a great reminder to treat any unknown engine as a core, even if it's freshly sprayed with a pretty coat of paint.

Any chance the dude didn't know that he did a **** job, and now he's embarrassed?
It's always a possibility. I believe there's been a whole lot of shenanigans exposed though that would have been obvious with what he claimed to have done in the original sale listing.

Case closed. Good on all members involved with making this right!!!!!

I’m looking forward to seeing the final product back between the fenders. The quality of work and the modernized rotating assembly is going to make a very snappy street engine. A nice pleasure cruiser that’s capable of putting on a tire show at will.

Awesome guy doing a top quality job on a one of a kind car. Couldn't be in better hands. Don't blame him after all the second guessing. So many of us were enjoying the build and following the progress. I'm hoping he can overlook the idiots in favor of the many who looked forward to the amazing story.

I noticed @replicaracer43 hasnt been on in a while, hope all is good.
He is fine, seen him on Friday past when I picked up my W2 heads and the 352 short block.

I think he had enough of the forum, hopefully he's just taking a break.
100% true. BUT! I don’t think he will be back.

Somebody was effin in the green hemi Dart thread and he got fed up and hasn't been back since.
Correct. As it is his job to not just rebuild engines, he builds custom engines that go racing. He is not fooling around, he is a professional in every sense. He has been doing this for a while now. He is not a newbie. To be second guessed by someone, an unknown face cat calling and being a dick about what he is doing was uncalled for and totally unnecessary.

If I need my teeth to be looked at, I don’t go and see a landscaper who’s mowing a lawn and I sure as **** won’t take a Wall Mart cashiers advice on what cam to run. No sir! I see the man who does this and has experience behind him. Yes sir!

Awesome guy doing a top quality job on a one of a kind car. Couldn't be in better hands. Don't blame him after all the second guessing. So many of us were enjoying the build and following the progress. I'm hoping he can overlook the idiots in favor of the many who looked forward to the amazing story.

The HEMI is in good hands and looks amazing!
He says he has had more than enough.

Instead of him bailing on the members that appreciate his work and talent, suggest to him to put the A-holes on "Ignore". I for one, like what he has done on the busted 340 and the Hemi build he has been bringing back to life.

-
Back