the orange box

-

jiw700

Scamper340
Reaction score
how to u tell if your orange box is not working,went to start it up and it crank's but no spark,i also changed the ballast and nothing changed still not firing so that is why i yhink it might be the ECU.ran great before this......all of a sudden i got nothing any idea's on this would be great

I got a used Orange Box if you need it. You just pay shipping it is yours. PM me if interested. It works fine,I just put a new one on my Duster.

It alledgedly is mopars performance ignition box. My 2 YO orange box took a dump 3 years ago and I replaced it with a standard box and haven't noticed a bit of difference except it works. My A-body has a MSD.

The ignition box, the brains, the ECU. The also come in Chrome for street strip and Gold for all out raceing.
You see'em mounted on the fire walls or the inside of the fender, ethier side of the engine bay.

thanks' guy but i already know where to get one,what it is, and where to find it,all i what to know is how you figure out it's the ECU that's not working.

You could pull it off clean up the area where its bolted on the car. Maybe you just lost your ground

If you don't want the Orange box that Dustermaniac offered I'd love to have it for a spare ! Just saying .

Mine kept dying, so I replaced it with an Accel and no resistor. Starts and runs great everytime.

how to u tell if your orange box is not working,went to start it up and it crank's but no spark,i also changed the ballast and nothing changed still not firing so that is why i yhink it might be the ECU.ran great before this......all of a sudden i got nothing any idea's on this would be great

put a multimeter across the two terminals on the coil. when cranking you should see a small electrical pulse going across the coil if the box is good. if not then most likely either the orange box or the pickup coil in the distributor is bad.

I am dealing with the same problem you have only i have an MSD box instead of the orange box. I have narrowed my problem down to either the pickup coil or MSD is bad. hoping its the pickup coil!!!

-Tim

have went thru 3 orange boxes this year......the new ones a junk......made in usa...switched to the chrome box and it's fine ..

-
Back