The Rattacuda was born .

-
Well I was trying to find the back seat belts Guess what i found !............................tHE OPERATING BOOK ! Some neat info in the book . Like the delivery date was 10/23 /64. The car has never left this town if it did . She came back lol . the dealer she was shipped too is long gone . Her 1st oil change was on 1/4/65 at 1770 miles . It reads in tell 9/22/66 at 29908 miles . How cool is that ! it was just laying in the crack of the back seat . Its alittle rough but you can read it just fine a mouse got ahold of it alittle bit .

Very cool

Well I was trying to find the back seat belts Guess what i found !............................tHE OPERATING BOOK ! Some neat info in the book . Like the delivery date was 10/23 /64. The car has never left this town if it did . She came back lol . the dealer she was shipped too is long gone . Her 1st oil change was on 1/4/65 at 1770 miles . It reads in tell 9/22/66 at 29908 miles . How cool is that ! it was just laying in the crack of the back seat . Its alittle rough but you can read it just fine a mouse got ahold of it alittle bit .

It's cool to notice how people's handwriting was back then, you can tell they taught it more in school. Glad you know some history now. They must have loved the car if they drove about 30k miles in 2 years.

Ok Well i took the cuda on her 1st kinda long trip . went to kellyville . Was doing ok intell we ran into a jam up if you look in the back ground you can see a rolled over ranger on the high way . She got hot enough she was puking all over her self . So time for a rad i do beleave .

13046103_1677727339155668_1793536574_n.jpg

Btw this was the test run to see if she would make it to see cliff . Shes not ready . Im going to try to put a tested and cleaned rad in her . If you have one cheap let me know save me some money since im trying to prove every one wrong and making her my DD lol.

That Cuda is awesome, Asa!! I'm planning on doing the same thing with my 72 Duster, aka The Ruster, now. Get it running/driving good, put my full attention on the mechanicals and none on exterior cosmetics!

Asa, when I had the 225 in my"decoy" I put some liquid glass in it for a slight leak. I put the wrong kind in and it started running hot within a mile. I was in Biloxi for Cruizin' the coast. I fought it until I got back to Tuscaloosa. I put some Tide HE for front loading washer and it cleaned it out and never over heated again until I replaced the slant for small block, Joe

Asa, when I had the 225 in my"decoy" I put some liquid glass in it for a slight leak. I put the wrong kind in and it started running hot within a mile. I was in Biloxi for Cruizin' the coast. I fought it until I got back to Tuscaloosa. I put some Tide HE for front loading washer and it cleaned it out and never over heated again until I replaced the slant for small block, Joe
Ok i back flushed mine . Now i have to ask did you drive it with tide in it ? how much to put in ? I will try it . whats the worst that can happen i made alot of bubbles lol that would be funny as hell rolling down the road with bubbles coming outa the car lol

I poured probably a pint in it and drove it probably 20 miles. I used to HE liquid because it is made for front loading washers and don't suds as much. I learned that trick from working in strip mines years ago when and oil cooler would burst on big Cats

I was actually surprised that it cleaned the liquid glass out

I poured probably a pint in it and drove it probably 20 miles. I used to HE liquid because it is made for front loading washers and don't suds as much. I learned that trick from working in strip mines years ago when and oil cooler would burst on big Cats

I was actually surprised that it cleaned the liquid glass out
Hell the gunk may be the only thing holding it togather lol

at least the Tide won't hurt anything. Good luck
Thats what i told the ole lady just a min ago when i told her i needed to buy some tide on the 1st lol You should have see the look i got when i told her why i needed it lmao

Man that made me laugh!!:happy1:
its true if this works and cleans it she may leak like a mother f lmao

its hard to find a GOOD 50 years old radiator. Joplin rad. shop been there 60 years, the guy told me. rad dry rot from sitting without coolant in them.

if your rad has no leakis, maybe just b=needs a good cleaning. rad shops can take them apart and rod them out IF their are good enough condition to begin with. let us know what that Tide does. interesting.

its hard to find a GOOD 50 years old radiator. Joplin rad. shop been there 60 years, the guy told me. rad dry rot from sitting without coolant in them.

if your rad has no leakis, maybe just b=needs a good cleaning. rad shops can take them apart and rod them out IF their are good enough condition to begin with. let us know what that Tide does. interesting.
I have not found a new one ether . . Im scard if i do . its going to cost alot of coin lol

Good news it broke up before it made it here . So i didnt get to test my mess . But it almost made it. better safe then sorry lol

Storms have gone for now . So me and my new side kick took the cuda out for a jog around the town. Not a long one didnt want the car to over heat . Dipsticks happy as can be in the cuda

13090568_1680087068919695_941239327_n.jpg

Glad the storm missed you...

Who is your new sidekick??? where did you get him???

Wow your sidekick can drive too!!!Your left hand is on the door and right hand must of took the picture I guess dip stick has right paw on the wheel.LOL

-
Back