The Rattacuda was born .

-
how can youcall that ugly ITS A 64/65 BARRACUDA if you have bumpers I want to buy it for the right price if you don't have bumpers white punknitrohas a front 1 for sale
rite now for 120.00 I have black seats, red seats black carpets tell me a price quikkkkkkkkkkkk before I flip out I have a 273 904 ready to drop in pm me how far are you from Madison wisc . there also a 360 block and pistons for sale here for 325. 00
I could be a crank away from a stroker motor please pm me your phone # we can save her

Nice drive home sounds promising. Hope its nothing serious.
Still rooting for you and your cuda.
I got an ugly barracuda myself I should pull out of hibernation and make it road worthy.
It cost so much to make em pretty these days. May as well enjoy the car as she looks now.
I like what your doing. Keep er going.

one day when the weather is in the 60's, take some 80 grit sand paper and get a qt of Ospho for like $10. take a fender, hood, clean that surface rust with the paper, wipe off the dust and wipe it down with a good wet rage soaked with that Osho, it is a phosphoric acid solution and it will neutralize and clean the rust, it will leave a whitish resisdue, but that is O K.

I think you will be happy with the results, the rust will still have a "patina" but it will also be stabilized , and will take on a different look too.

if you love the car, don't give up on her too quick.

one day when the weather is in the 60's, take some 80 grit sand paper and get a qt of Ospho for like $10. take a fender, hood, clean that surface rust with the paper, wipe off the dust and wipe it down with a good wet rage soaked with that Osho, it is a phosphoric acid solution and it will neutralize and clean the rust, it will leave a whitish resisdue, but that is O K.

I think you will be happy with the results, the rust will still have a "patina" but it will also be stabilized , and will take on a different look too.

if you love the car, don't give up on her too quick.
Cash is tite im saving pennies . I know its going to need a trans sooner or later . So thats on the top of the lest .

That's not what she said.... LOL! :D
:sign12:

Well I got The Cuda out with the newest member of the famliy . (Dipstick) We went to the store up the street . she gets car sick in the rest of the cars but not the cuda . We saved her from a crack head.

12666414_1649149988680070_1234676903_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
What a great looking smile, thank you for giving this beautiful four legger a home.
She looks like a Brit-ney Spaniel (how ever it's spelt).

Thanks mike we dont really have the cash for anther one. But i could not leave her in that place.

Got the cuda out to vist my folks . took the long way . I aint got to enjoy driving any thing in along time enough to take the long way lol .

174_1232.jpg

174_1233.jpg

174_1234.jpg

174_1236.jpg

174_1238.jpg

174_1239.jpg

174_1240.jpg

Asa...been following your thread man. Love that shes hanging in there for ya and your enjoying her so much. Hope things are well.

hey Asa I love the rattacuda and your sidekick is easy on the eye's also .

Good thread---it takes stones to do what you are doing. Good luck with it, glad to see you are driving it and saving the car.
DR:coffee2:

It makes me very happy to see you enjoying the cuda so much Asa!

I love the look, and the name..... Rattacuda! :cheers:
Thanks man . Im just going to dive this (parts car) as so many called it lol

It's looking good Asa...
thanks karl

That truck looks like Mater....
i was thinking that too lol

Asa...been following your thread man. Love that shes hanging in there for ya and your enjoying her so much. Hope things are well.
Thanks shes holding up . Im trying to talk the ole lady into taking it for a spin . Gas is 1.19 here so i will put bout 5 in it tell it pukes it out at me (sending unit ) Take her out to the back road for some more pics .

hey Asa I love the rattacuda and your sidekick is easy on the eye's also .
lol you talking bout the dog or my ole lady lol

Good thread---it takes stones to do what you are doing. Good luck with it, glad to see you are driving it and saving the car.
DR:coffee2:
Ya evey one tells me what i should do with the car now that we got brakes and a carb on it . Keep in mind yall thats all we did . To drive this car evey one was wanting me to part out lmao . Dont get me wrong its got 50 year old car bugs . But it runs and drives lol . I aint going any where fast . But with alttile money i could make her right and take her any where . But the moeny aint there so i just drive her aound town . Any one want to have my trans redone ? I will even take it on a road trip after that . I just dont trust it lol . O:)

this is so awesome ....now I am glad I voted 5 stars on this thread.

The pics of going through a back road with a mopar are priceless.

I didn't actually think you would ever get to this point but I am sure glad you did.

Rock on man.

You are actually making early A's look cool, I am starting to like the look of the dash. I never paid attention to anything before 68 before but this is getting cool.

this thread proves to the" un believers" that driving a slant A body can put a BIG grin on a face!!!!

I enjoy working on them, seeing my effort make it better, a sense of accomplishment, .... BUT driving it down the road is what really makes me happy!!! and no it does not necessarily have to have a big honking V8 in it !! so many people are missing out on this!!!!!??

Good to see you now trust her out of town for a stretch.
Out there in gods country you can hear her tell you if she's needing anything.
Very happy for you and rattacuda. Looks like your getting along well.

-
Back