The Scamp's engine, trans and steering are in place

-
very very nice dude
what are the engine details?
certainly looks like you qualify to join divorce masters as well..

what class are you going to be running in and are those the indy small block heads. oh and where did you find the door pannels

Yeah, I qualify for sure. lol Thanks again for the kind words.

The engine is a MP 360 high compression short block that's had main studs added and ARP rod bolts. It was all balanced and the pistons cut for valve clearance. I can't remember how deep I cut them but the top of the piston is only .090 thick at the exhaust relief. I had to move the cam around to get
.058 piston valve on the intake and .078 on the exhaust with the lash and the gasket. The pistons stick out of the block .011 and I use a .039 FelPro head gasket. That's .028 piston to head clearance. The heads are small chamber W5's milled .050 to reduce the chamber to 47cc's. That works out to around 12.7:1 CR. The cam is a Hughes .630/.630 278/283 flat tappet with 1.5 rockers but I use 1.6 Crane Gold race rockers. With the lash it nets out at .650 lift. The heads have stock valve sizes of 2.02/1.60 and the intake flows 306 at .650. I forget what the exhaust flows but it's substantial. An M1 W5 small port intake and 950 Demon carb with a 2" spacer. The headers are 2" primaries and a 4" collector.

We made the door panels from a Jegs aluminum kit.

I'm just going to run the car in Super Pro or Pro ET brackets. I hate screwing with the NHRA nazis at the divisional or national event level.

OK Tim if you see this it's time to buy that plane ticket because the cowl scoop is on there now.

367300642.jpg

Guitar,

What Make Of Hood Scoop Are You Using?
I Am About To Purchase One.

Regards,
Mopar Jeff

cool, I dig old tele's myself ,big fan of danny gatton and roy buchannon
btw: where is deltona a friend owns a guitar shop in punta gorda

Steve, That scoop is pretty tame, your off the hook. Lyle said one of these was going on it......

Tim

jboatpainted2.jpg

lol, you just don't want to spend the money for a plane ticket. :)

Jeff, Deltona is halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Punta Gorda is pretty far away. I love Roy Buchannan too.

GJ
where and when do you plan to run this bad boy next.?
i am planning a visit to fort myers pretty soon
maybe i can scope out your ride when i get there!
MJ

I live near Orlando, and shake down passes will be at Orlando Speed World soon. Let me know when you're coming through and we'll see if we can meet up.

guitar,

i live near the fender guitar museum in corona, calfornia,
not too far from the original factory in fullerton.
if you ever get out here please give me a shout

jeff

cool, I live in chino hills about 15 minutes south of the L A fairgrounds

It's been a long time coming but the Scamp is ready for shakedown passes. I just need to get it to the shop so I can align the front end. Unfortunately my dog has needed unexpected and expensive medical care last week. Some kind of neurological problem causing some facial muscles to not respond. She's my little girl and has been unwavering in her loyalty and protection of me so she comes first and shakedown passes will now have to wait until I get a little money ahead. But here's some pics.

368272050.jpg

368272062.jpg

368272079.jpg

368272098.jpg

368272108.jpg

Reading this thread has been thoroughly enjoyable. So, that's what you get when you throw mad fabricating skills, tireless dedication and a bunch of money at a cool car. Great work! I'd like to come out and see you run it when you're ready. What are you planning for paint?

Thanks for the kind words. The way things are right now it will probably stay in the from the fiery pits of Hell wardrobe it is wearing now for at least the next year. I'd like to paint it a pale yellow with a flat black hood and bumble bee stripe across the back like Adam's car. But it will have to wait.

Oh and I'll let you know when I'm taking it out for the first time.

Hope the puppy is better. And good luck at the track. Should be fun with that beast.

-
Back