-
Guitar,

Sorry To Hear About Your Dog Brother.
I Lost My Dog "nacho" Out In Chino, California In May And
Damned If I Didn't Lose My Other Dog "maxie" In Fort Myers In June
Both Due To Old Age Complications.,
Vets Can Be Really Pricey.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, I certainly know the feeling. I lost my 2 Boxers within months of each other before I got my current dog. I've had her for almost 8 years now and have become very attatched to her and her to me. I think she'll be alright but we don't really know yet.

Steve, Sorry to hear about your dog! Best Wishes!

When we gonna get together? I could use some last minute timing n carb help before I shake mine down. And, I'll ready my spray gun for the less humid weather. I had a though't of how you could do the paint cheaply(er). Spray it with a 2 part epoxy primer; black for the stripe, And tint some white to a yellow. Then you can come back at any point in the future, and put a real paint job on it when funds allow. The epoxy would cost...Guessing $3-400 for the car. Just some food for thought.

My boss keeps telling me he can get Sherwin Williams to donate the paint and I already have the stripe, got it from ChallengerGary.

I'll let you know when I'm going out, lately there hasn't been many cars at OSW on Wed. and Fri. nights because they opened a new 1/8th mile track for the import street cars in south Orlando. We went out 2 Wednesdays ago and made all 6 of my license passes.

Now it has headlights! Well, not real headlights...

369387029.jpg

The Scamp has now made one full pass down the quarter mile. It will need some tuning but hooks extremely well, goes straight and stops and handles like it should. I made one 60 ft pass off the foot brake, one 330 pass off the transbrake with a two step at 3000 rpm's and then I screwed up the third pass, 10.70 @ 124.55. The fourth pass I got it together, left on the converter with the transbrake, 1.43 60', 6.63 @ 102 at the 1/8th, and 10.50 @ 125.00 in the 1/4. We need to tune the suspension some as it left with the left front wheel in the air about a foot and the right maybe a few inches off the ground. I'll need to tie down the front end too.

I may have killed the bottom end some with the large tube headers and the tall tires so I can either do some tuning there or just build a stroker short block for it. Everything is pretty much perfect for a 408 cube motor.

Any body got any dished forged 4.030 4" stroker pistons they want to get rid of cheap? Or a 360 block?

Nice! what are you aiming for time wise in this car?

I'd like to be able to run mid to high 9's in the 1/4, low 6's in the 1/8. The car actually isn't that much lighter than my Duster, only about 450 pounds lighter. Considering it still has all the factory glass and the doors are still steel and the windows still roll up and down I don't think that's too bad. I just need more motor and an infusion of 45 cubes should do the trick. Plus the engine needs to be freshened anyway, this is the second time that it's been sitting around for 3 years and was raced hard for another 4 years so I'm sure it's tired.

sounds good man! I love the fact that your doing it with a smallblock! when are you going to paint her? while the motor is out?

Yeah, I'm ate up with the small block. lol They aren't real popular and were even less popular when I first built it. I had a 500 horse 440 that I was contemplating putting in the Duster when I first got it but then somebody told me I couldn't run 10's with a smallblock Chrysler so of course I had to prove them wrong. That was 17 years ago and I'm still at it.

I'm not sure about paint yet, that may not come until late 2010 early 2011. I've decided it will be pale yellow with the satin black hood and bumble bee stripe, which I already got from Challengergary.

Yeah, I'm ate up with the small block. lol They aren't real popular and were even less popular when I first built it. I had a 500 horse 440 that I was contemplating putting in the Duster when I first got it but then somebody told me I couldn't run 10's with a smallblock Chrysler so of course I had to prove them wrong. That was 17 years ago and I'm still at it.

I'm not sure about paint yet, that may not come until late 2010 early 2011. I've decided it will be pale yellow with the satin black hood and bumble bee stripe, which I already got from Challengergary.

Tell me about...there is alot more for the bbm's than sbm's which is why i really love the concept of your car...proving that guy wrong is something i would probably do to if i could lol...either way, paint or no paint, that car is badass man...post some video up of it at the track when you get some real nice passes done

-
Back