The sellability of our early “A” body cars

-
If you go to the Mecum site, you can login, and get a list of previous specific cars, and sale price.
There are 54 ? Darts listed.
Consider sending it there if it's as beautiful as it looks.
GLWS

In my opinion, @68 CUDA FORMULA S has the best suggestion thus far. I hate selling cars, especially vintage ones, so letting someone else deal with tire-kickers would be worth a few extra bucks to me. Know your bottom dollar and let them come to you. However, I think the cage is a liability rather than an asset come sale time.

I think what happens to a lot of people, possibly the OP here, is they get so caught up in the build they lose sight of the original goal, or once their goal is reached they realize it's not that enjoyable. A close friend kept talking about building his '65 Valiant with a cage, fenderwell headers, aluminum interior panels, and 4.56 gears behind a high-strung 340. I told him, "You live 20 miles from any cruising. That sounds like a nightmare. 100-foot turning radius, rattling panels, screaming engine, echo-chamber interior, cimbing over a cage... just to get there? I wouldn't want something like that," (although I would've daily-driven such a car 25 years ago). He's since given it a lot of consideration and moved the goalposts to something that drives well and can be regularly enjoyed for whatever purpose--even the golf course--without hesitation. Coincidentally, that conversation took place shortly after I decided my Challenger wouldn't be much of a road-trip car with a twin-turbo W2-headed solid-roller stroker small-block, a slick-shifted 4-speed and 4.10 gears. I love road trips, so I backed off to a mildly-built 340 Six Pack, 3.09-first A833, and 3.23 gears with upgraded stock-style suspension. It'll still be quick, but no strip terror. It'll have good road manners. I even have an overdrive trans I can swap in come vacation time. Turns out I value enjoyable wheel time in a classic far more than time-slip wiener measuring...

...besides, I have my low-buck '69 Valiant beater for that. :D

Here is another site that you can consider, I used it a few years back when I sold a 67 Coronet 440 that I owned. Carsonline.com but with this site you pay an up-front fee before your listing even gets published. I also use this site sometimes just to see what price range certain cars are going for.

RegularJay. The reason i dont drive it is because i love playing golf so that takes most of my weekday time. On weekends to keep peace in the family i travel to the beach so my wife can enjoy sun and sand. I myself would rather stay home on weekends but its something she really enjoys. This doesnt leave a lot of car time
As Doc said, clubs in the back drive to the golf course.

Going to the beach.. drive the Dart.

At this point you are thinking of selling g it at a loss.

Might as well enjoy it. Get good insurance with a guaranteed payout, for say 35,000.

If it gets stolen while you are enjoying it, you get your payout. It's a win win win.

If wife doesn't like driving in it, do a little to make it more comfortable, and remind her that compromise goes both ways.

You could always try the auctions

Funny.....I've owned them all Early A, B's and C's and although I'd get some thumbs up for my C bodies.....not going to count the B's....it's my early A bodies I like and get the most thumbs ups....they are that rare compared to the others. Oh...and I've owned a nice orginal 1965 2+2 basic Mustang and I'd take a 1965 basic Cuda over one any day !!!!!

Would you pay that for it. I personally love 66 Darts and no way hojas. You're living in a dream world.

Work on your reading comprehension..... As for my dream world, how about you get a check into the world of Reality....... 35K is no money today..... A young kid that makes 6 figures with a bright future will pay that "if" the car is not junk. Never seen it, don't know anything about it. But "if" it has the bones and parts the OP is listing then add it up and that is not a far off number. This is not 1980- it's 2023.

But to answer you question, no I would not pay 10K for it unless I bought it on a short sell and was flipping it. I got to enjoy the hobby when cars were pennies on the dollar and not the other way around. But someone will pay top dollar for it, that much I will guarantee....

JW

Had a 93" TA back in the late 90's and was my favorite car to drive of them all and there's been many ..
Last month I got a low mile 95" TA and love it...
Selling my dual quad stroker 4-speed D60 duster this summer... I'm over it...
View attachment 1716074822
I always figured you would give the Duster to your son. :(

Work on your reading comprehension..... As for my dream world, how about you get a check into the world of Reality....... 35K is no money today..... A young kid that makes 6 figures with a bright future will pay that "if" the car is not junk. Never seen it, don't know anything about it. But "if" it has the bones and parts the OP is listing then add it up and that is not a far off number. This is not 1980- it's 2023.

But to answer you question, no I would not pay 10K for it unless I bought it on a short sell and was flipping it. I got to enjoy the hobby when cars were pennies on the dollar and not the other way around. But someone will pay top dollar for it, that much I will guarantee....

JW
Well at least you said what it’s worth to you. You should thank above for auto correct because I don’t think you could spell such long words.

JW
sorry I didn’t know you were slow. Take your time and good job use your words.

How about the 69 GTS big block just sold on here for 27.5 (asking) or that beautiful 65/66 cuda for sale for 20. If someone wants something from a barn find to nice complete stuff come on down to talk. Maybe? Maybe not, but we can at least have a beer together. Got too much stuff. Not a for sale ad just conversation.

How about the 69 GTS big block just sold on here for 27.5 (asking) or that beautiful 65/66 cuda for sale for 20. If someone wants something from a barn find to nice complete stuff come on down to talk. Maybe? Maybe not, but we can at least have a beer together. Got too much stuff. Not a for sale ad just conversation.
All good until someone starts asking questions then it's off to the races. :BangHead::lol:

-
Back