The stupidity of Facebook

-
Pictures of legal guns get taken down and users jailed or booted.

I report literal wish.com ads for illegal machineguns and I get a warning for harassment of a legitimate vendor. DOn't cross china or you get your pp smacked I guess.

Last edited:
I am not on Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok or any of that crap. I have a life and a brain. You could not pay me enough to get wrapped up in the jabberwocky you see on those social forums.

Facebook killed craigslist for cars and car parts in my area. Craigslist just isn't the same and I refuse to use Facebook

Wife has a Facebook account and has both our names on it. I may have been on there a half dozen times in the 17 years we've been together. Just not interested in any of that crap. She will send me ads from marketplace occasionally, and she has joined several automotive groups to try and get me interested, but I have better things to do.
Like hang around here..................

Wife has a Facebook account and has both our names on it. I may have been on there a half dozen times in the 17 years we've been together. Just not interested in any of that crap. She will send me ads from marketplace occasionally, and she has joined several automotive groups to try and get me interested, but I have better things to do.
Like hang around here..................
This place is way more fun than any goofy Facebook group

I think the phrase you’re looking for is “Hang up and Drive”. The fine in Manisnowba is a hefty amount plus the 2 demerits on your license. It’s called distracted driving, newer law about 8 years old. The first ticket handed out was to a guy who was steering with his elbows eating a big sloppy cheeseburger
The fines here in Saskatchewan start at $580 and four demerit points for the first offence for distracted driving via cellphone

Facebook killed craigslist for cars and car parts in my area. Craigslist just isn't the same and I refuse to use Facebook
I used to have REALLY good luck selling things on Craigs List. Most things I listed sold in less than 48 hours. It has turned into a HUGE Scam. It got to the point where every item I listed received nothing but scam trolling.

I used to have REALLY good luck selling things on Craigs List. Most things I listed sold in less than 48 hours. It has turned into a HUGE Scam. It got to the point where every item I listed received nothing but scam trolling.
It's damn near impossible to use reliably. I've picked up some stuff here and there and I've had luck selling cars, but they charge $5 for a car ad now and my phone blows up with scammers

I can't even begin to tell you how many women I've had to blow the horn at while sitting behind them at a red light. Sitting there fooling with Farcebook and no clue the light turned green 10 seconds ago! :BangHead:
Agreed, when texting/ driving became rampant I thought: where's the phone app. That tells these morons to look up/ light is green?

I started FB during Fluvid for whatever reason, canceled account about 6 mo. Ago. At first I enjoyed friends, jet and WWII aircraft groups, boat related groups, car groups etc. But in the end the alleged " connection" with " friends" and groups became monotonous, repetitive and ultimately a time parasite so I shut it down and haven't missed it so no social media for me. It's hilarious even some of the greatest thinkers of our time like say Jordan Peterson and possibly Sam Harris have lost their minds on social media. No matter how you slice it, social media is a one sided conversation from the safety of a sofa and those comments and interactions will be vastly different than a real life in- person conversation IMO. These platforms designed to improve human connectivity, a disappearing element many are starved for, actually impart the opposite I think. I certainly felt this. It's like the brain consciously tells us to open social media each morning to connect to people while subconsciously we're being drained of the very thing we seek.

I started FB during Fluvid for whatever reason, canceled account about 6 mo. Ago. At first I enjoyed friends, jet and WWII aircraft groups, boat related groups, car groups etc. But in the end the alleged " connection" with " friends" and groups became monotonous, repetitive and ultimately a time parasite so I shut it down and haven't missed it so no social media for me. It's hilarious even some of the greatest thinkers of our time like say Jordan Peterson and possibly Sam Harris have lost their minds on social media. No matter how you slice it, social media is a one sided conversation from the safety of a sofa and those comments and interactions will be vastly different than a real life in- person conversation IMO. These platforms designed to improve human connectivity, a disappearing element many are starved for, actually impart the opposite I think. I certainly felt this. It's like the brain consciously tells us to open social media each morning to connect to people while subconsciously we're being drained of the very thing we seek.
A lot of this social media crap operates the same way as a video slot machine. It's designed to get you addicted to the pretty colors so you keep coming back and don't know why

There’s a documentary called social dilemma (I think). It tells of the unspoken agendas social media has. If you can trust it, it makes sense.
I got off fb when I copied and pasted a court transcript when a local politician sued our governor over Covid mandates. He won and the judge had some pointed comments towards the governor. Fb stated it was false. They are manipulators, liars and evil. Everyone needs to ditch fb and bankrupt them evil bastards.

A mouse dies in the trap because he doesn't realize the cheese isn't free

The same goes for fakebook

It's good as long as it's used as it was originally intended.
We've connected with a lot of old friends etc.
I just ignore or block people who are spreading crap like you told us about.
I also use a site called U-Block and it blocks most of the advertising.

It's good as long as it's used as it was originally intended.
We've connected with a lot of old friends etc.
I just ignore or block people who are spreading crap like you told us about.
I also use a site called U-Block and it blocks most of the advertising.
It's a trap. The app can create a 3D rendering of the room you're in. Google Chrome can do the same.

Ask yourself why a large international company would need a 3D rendering of the room you're in. It's just bizarre

Now there's a reference that will go over a lot of heads!
IMG_1497.gif

??

If facebook runs from an algorithm for chess that was borrowed from a room mate and friend who also financially funded the start up and that same person's shares were devalued and booted from facebook why would anyone want to be on it? If that is in fact true. Phones, email and personal interaction work out great.

If facebook runs from an algorithm for chess that was borrowed from a room mate and friend who also financially funded the start up and that same person's shares were devalued and booted from facebook why would anyone want to be on it? If that is in fact true. Phones, email and personal interaction work out great.
Letters, email, phone calls.... people give all that up for Facebook so they can sell your information to advertisers so you buy more stuff

I'd rather buy stuff from you all to feed my crippling mopar addiction
8er7tt.jpg

-
Back