The tear-down of Jake's 65 begins....

-
Exhaust is going to be 2" to the DynoMax's, then 2-1/4" to the 69 B'cuda tips. (because the flow master on my fury are louder than we want for a dauily driver)

Scoop bezels are 3 coats of Rustoleum's metallic series silver, with 2 coats of Rustoleum "automotive" clear.. Used the same color on the ralleys.

Thanks to all on the compliments! We are VERY pleased with the outcome and look that we built.

Wow you and your son have brought this project a long way.

Took it out for it's very 1st legal drive. I drove it to the gas station, then to a friend's house. Convinced the trans turned out, the steering is true and straight and the brakes are more than adequate (scarebird conversion) - it was Jakes turn to drive. Told him to take out on the interstate after 15 minutes behind the wheel to get a feel for it. Sounds and rides reaaly nice at 65 mph. Went about 8 miles, then cloverleafed back towards home. All systems were good. Stopped by walmart for a few items and had to laugh at the look on jake's face as we walked away from it leaving it in the parkinglot all alone. 15 min later, came out fired it up and drove me home. We have a few things to tweak this weekend - linkages, speedo needs lubed again, dash lights are out and gonna swap the center of the $150 8-3/4 we stole - although it felt really good before installing, it is noisy as anything..... I have another known good 3.23 center section to put in it.

Overall, very very pleased with the ride and feel of the car!! After this weekend I'll drive it to work a couple of days and then when Jake gets his parking permit for school, it's all him.

Too all the followers and those who have commented along the way, thanks for the following and comments, suggestions and inquiries!

Stopped by walmart for a few items and had to laugh at the look on jake's face as we walked away from it leaving it in the parking lot all alone.

Yeah, That's a real odd feeling walking away from the car, but a real cool feeling walking back to the coolest car in the parking lot. :cheers:

Kudos to you both on a job well done!

More pictures to show off your guys work.

Here's a couple more pics.... Still need to get it out to a good open space and take the good camera out....

Attachments

• IMG-20131216-00018.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG-20131216-00017.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG-20131216-00016.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 291
With Jake's 65 at completion and officially parked in the driveway now, the land-yacht has found her way back into her berth on Saturday... Dang this thing takes up a lot more room. Sometime around February I'll be putting her in dry-dock status to take care of a power steering leak, a trans leak and to pull all 4 wheels for a look-see for the 1st time in 10 years of summer fun since I built her.

Attachments

• berthed.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 245
With Jake's 65 at completion and officially parked in the driveway now, the land-yacht has found her way back into her berth on Saturday... Dang this thing takes up a lot more room. Sometime around February I'll be putting her in dry-dock status to take care of a power steering leak, a trans leak and to pull all 4 wheels for a look-see for the 1st time in 10 years of summer fun since I built her.
what is that? I don't believe I've ever seen one of those before?... Mid 70's fury maybe?

Dad - it's my 69 Fury ragtop - was a basket case when the original owner gave it to me 15 years ago.

pa - much appreciated! I must admit that we have impressed ourselves with the final product.

67 - Would have been a perfect candidate for such treatment being a low option 318 basket case to start with. Dollar and sense had to prevail, tho... I am running a 6-pack on it if that make ya feel better...lol

-
Back