the Ugly , The Bad and the Good

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
Saturday night I'm out cruising and I stop for a coffee at McDonalds then a young fella hits my car , heres the pics , the damage isn't too bad and I felt bad for the guy after he saw me come charging out the door a security guard on my heels hoping to cut me off before I get to the guy , he is after all half my size and literally shaking at the sight of me . I calmed myself down real quick enough to take some pics of his insurance , license and the scene then got out of there before losing it . Thats the ugly and the bad now the good { sort of } ICBC called me today and the guy reported as well and admitted fault and they have waived my deductable , also iut turns out his insurance expired a couple of weeks ago so he is on the hook for anything that has to be done which means ICBC isn't going to fight me on any of it and the adjuster flat out told me whatever it takes to make me whole so be it they pay the shop and collect from him meaning if the shop can't blend the pearlized base clear then they can repaint the whole car if thats what it takes .

Attachments

• IMG_20150425_185115.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20150425_185120.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20150425_185135.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20150425_185215.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 369
That really stinks, but at least the kid owned up to it and didn't run even though he had no insurance. Nice car btw, I never noticed the stripe in your avatar until you posted these pics.

Oh, that's a real shame. Hope it works out OK. Beautiful car love the color.

Thats a bummer Chris! I hope you get it all sorted out and are happy with the outcome. Even if it takes painting the entire car.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,I hope they cant blend the paint :glasses7:stick it to the MAN ,teach the young punk a lesson.:violent2:

Sorry to see this Chris.I,m betting on a total repaint...just as Mike had to have done on his 67 Cuda(same colour).Good luck getting her fixed up right.:DMake sure no damage to yer bumper also.

yeah thanks guys it's going to a father and son shop where both are Mopar guys , the son has a Dart that Inertia handles the mechanical work on , hey Darwin long time no hear eh! yeah the Icky Bicky gal was practically giddy that they weren't going to be on the hook for this one in the end , the young guy it turns out is 31 years old I thought he was like 21 thats why I pulled up instead of taking him down and pounding him LOL! there was no chance he was running away , I saw the car shimmy and I new exactly what happened , I promise you that you have never seen someone my size move that fast , I was out the door and on him so quick thats why the security guard chased me out the door he didn't know what was happening but he saw the look on my face and the speed I was moving and knew it wasn't good , for those that haven't met me in person I'm 6'2" and 260 most days , the poor guy thought he was a goner .
PS I'm not out to stick it to anyone if it can be blended cool otherwise whatever it takes to make me whole eh !

Wow, that sucks. But it does sound like it will be repaired properly. Hope so anyway! I can't believe that he could hit your car on his damn driver side! Now if it was one of those drive on the wrong side cars I could see it. Man how do people get through life anymore without 100% guidance at all points?!?!? Damn shame either way.

Oh man,, that's the good side too,, he coulda been considerate and hit the other side.. sheesh,,

my son sends his condolences, as do I..

I can't imagine that dude's thoughts seeing you coming,, You scare me,, and I consider you a friend... lol

Oh man,, that's the good side too,, he coulda been considerate and hit the other side.. sheesh,,

my son sends his condolences, as do I..

I can't imagine that dude's thoughts seeing you coming,, You scare me,, and I consider you a friend... lol

That's probably got more to do with your knowing I'm somewhat mentally unbalanced eh !LOL:banghead:

Grant is one guy that would never have any reason to run from me ,no matter what he did where then heck else would I find a mechanic with his skill and knowledge that not only makes house calls but lets me drop in to pick his brain or tinker any time I want and then makes me wrestle him to the ground to get him to take any money for his services ? Plus he just might be able to take me -ya never know with the wee folk eh !

Sad to see that you got hit, but good on the insurance company having your back. If the shop can't match the paint, hope that dude has a bunch of cash, 3 coat paint jobs in materials and labor are not cheap by any means.

yeah everyone is doing base clear up here and the base is about 900-1000 bucks a gallon , the car has a lot of clear on it which I think is probably going to prevent a good blend but we shall see I guess , last car I had a scuff and paint done on was 4500 for a cash job and the clear coat started peeling after 5 years .

-
Back