there are some great members here on fabo

-

pomonamissel

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
well i posted a thread about wtf is up with the members here . and i am glad to report back to all the members here . there are some special ones in texas that helped me get and ship the brakes a bought some another member on fabo . txdart and knuckle duster have save the day you could say ! there had both bought parts from roy before and knew about were he lived . they took the time to help an almost perfect stranger , since we have never met in person just gabbed online in a net club . too get the parts i purchased and send them to me . wow ! this is great . i'll pay for the shipping of course and i want them both to have lunch on me . and i'm not taking no for an answer . pomonamissel one damm lucky guy to have a brotherhood of friends here .

Glad to hear. We've had a few scammers on here not too many. One "of note" is a "firefighter" back in VA?

well i posted a thread about wtf is up with the members here . and i am glad to report back to all the members here . there are some special ones in texas that helped me get and ship the brakes a bought some another member on fabo . txdart and knuckle duster have save the day you could say ! there had both bought parts from roy before and knew about were he lived . they took the time to help an almost perfect stranger , since we have never met in person just gabbed online in a net club . too get the parts i purchased and send them to me . wow ! this is great . i'll pay for the shipping of course and i want them both to have lunch on me . and i'm not taking no for an answer . pomonamissel one damm lucky guy to have a brotherhood of friends here .

I have met txdart in person before and he's a good guy... :thumbsup:

Haven't met knuckle duster yet, but have seen him post... :thumbsup:

Way to go guys!!!! :thumbsup:

In this case, I don't think there was any intentional "scamming" going on. It seems like it was just a lack of communication.
Not gonna make excuses for anyone, but life happens. Sometimes crap can spiral out of control if you aren't careful.
Glad we were able to help out, but we didn't show up to intimidate, just a calm, casual conversation, and the good will to help both parties out is all it took to sort it out.
Treat people how you would like to be treated.

i just wish everyone had that in their mind first before dealing with the rest of us . treat people like you want to be treated . if it rang true it would fit most of the issues in the world .

I like to believe that 98% of the members here are stand up folks. That said, when there are issues...I tend to first think that 98% of the time it’s due to some miscommunications or similar.

True that there will always be some scammers, but I don’t let it be my first thought without some evidence that it really is.

Maybe I’m too trusting, but I don’t let my guard down either. I’d like to think the best of folks before I think the worst.

I’m glad the OP got it all worked out.

Sometimes the best way to solve these issues is to let others know. Safety in numbers.

Thanks for the kind words....but don't you think it a little early...
I got disc brakes on my 74 factory,63 dart got scarebird setup,my 66 Dart got the later big ball joint setup,and the poor old 68 and 72 darts still have drums up front ...hmm. could go Kelsey hayes....
Bwa ha ha ha
Kidding aside you got some nice parts from Roy.
I will get them to ya,
Martin

thanks man , for all your efforts in the disc setup matter . and i think i'm not jumping the gun here . i need to show you my thanks for what you have both done for me . this could have been an endless deal with no good result to it . and i do believe your going to sent them to me . even if you have a heard of a bodies . if i run in to any more k/h disc setups , do you want to be on my list of members that want some k/h discs ? you would be at the top of that list . just say the word brother ! pm

thanks man , for all your efforts in the disc setup matter . and i think i'm not jumping the gun here . i need to show you my thanks for what you have both done for me . this could have been an endless deal with no good result to it . and i do believe your going to sent them to me . even if you have a heard of a bodies . if i run in to any more k/h disc setups , do you want to be on my list of members that want some k/h discs ? you would be at the top of that list . just say the word brother ! pm

Nothing to do w/ the problem, but this is a great place , I spend way too much time on here, and find myself posting way too much. Almost like brothers on here. Hats off to all-------

Gotta ask....
What the hell was the guy's excuse. He disappears on you with your money and these guys show up and all is good and he hands over nice parts?

Thanks folks, I am Mopar ignorant and I need the help!

I grew up with a brand X budget!

dgibby , reasons and excuses are never good for a deal . no words say it all . just glad to get my stuff .

I almost have a brand X budget

What I meant by that Bob is that to a budget minded hot-rodder Bowtie stuff is considerably cheaper to go racing with than Mopar. Much more plentiful also! I was always able to get a used camshaft or lifters to make things go. When could afford new stuff there was no comparison due to simple economics and Summit was pretty much bowtie/oval specific too.

Now I am after real power and would like it to last as long as I will! From what I have experienced so far Mopar is a bit more durable once assembled but less forgiving of half-assed construction.

For example; I am building a 512 to go in my Dart. due to the quality of the components used I expect more power and longevity out of thiz motor than I would get from a BBC that would be built of lesser designed components.

I may not be explaining myself correctly but I hope you get my gist!

The massage parlor charges for that. lol
Lmao..

FB_IMG_1524130721917.jpg

What I meant by that Bob is that to a budget minded hot-rodder Bowtie stuff is considerably cheaper to go racing with than Mopar. Much more plentiful also! I was always able to get a used camshaft or lifters to make things go. When could afford new stuff there was no comparison due to simple economics and Summit was pretty much bowtie/oval specific too.

Now I am after real power and would like it to last as long as I will! From what I have experienced so far Mopar is a bit more durable once assembled but less forgiving of half-assed construction.

For example; I am building a 512 to go in my Dart. due to the quality of the components used I expect more power and longevity out of thiz motor than I would get from a BBC that would be built of lesser designed components.

I may not be explaining myself correctly but I hope you get my gist!

They are just cheaper to build/on the other side. And easier to make run. I built a couple of stroker sbc that ran great . But I`m mopar ! (505" of cubic money) !

-
Back