There goes the A body Market

-
If it's a real sale understand it's one of Dave Waldens insanely over the top OE restos, it has no bearing on normal cars.. I guarantee he spent way more than than restoring the car...

It’s still listed on their website. They are pretty proud of their ‘71 Charger prototypes. The CEO is Peter Krook.

Rev Muscle Cars

Same here. Im happy with what I have.
Yep. I drive mine all over. I bet the guy that bought that one doesn't.

60991316_2170654249638595_2278267953373773824_o.jpg

Darn nice car. I’m not a concours class judge by any means, but I don’t see what I could call a 1000 point car. Maybe dents in k frame, what appears to be a dented oil pan and paint overspray don’t count.
Yote

Darn nice car. I’m not a concours class judge by any means, but I don’t see what I could call a 1000 point car. Maybe dents in k frame, what appears to be a dented oil pan and paint overspray don’t count.
Yote
It's MCACN. THey have judges but they are not necessarily professional Mopar Judges.

yeah the 70 Swinger 340 is kind of its own thing, I mean how many times do you see "70 Swinger tail lights and bezels" and ""seatbelts" and the 70 ralley dash bezel..and all the other "little " unique things to that car, even the grille was a challenge to find untill they started repopping them.

Does anyone else get into it with the clone dart guys who say their car is "the same thing..." and you check it out and its the standard dash, and late model disc brakes, and then you get to the back of the car and its a 71 bumper and tail lights with the stripe, and they want to argue their car is worth blah blah blah... I know a guy who has just that ,paid 7 grand and says its worth 15...

For years I’ve seen 70s average around 22-24k and that’s for a nice car. Passed on one years ago that a Moparts member was selling. Because it was in Ohio I was a little gun shy about rust. Kick myself to this day for passing on that car.

Somewhere now there’s a guy looking at that auction that has a junker 70 Dart sitting in his back yard saying to himself “ Gee, if that car got 90k my car should be worth 25k”

If it's a real sale understand it's one of Dave Waldens insanely over the top OE restos, it has no bearing on normal cars.. I guarantee he spent way more than than restoring the car...

the challenger in the background I think is Walden’s old car.

but this 70 swinger is not.

Wrong master cylinder? Isn't that a drum/drum MC on a front disc car?

I blame the E-body market. The crazy pricing started there 20+ years ago. It then grew to B-bodies. And of course A-bodies were pulled along with that trend. To include most all muscle car era platforms. Of all manufacturers.

But what I believe the "Collector" is failing? Was the spirit of muscle car ownership. That was (and still) is my era. We never gave no preference to all numbers matching purity? It was about performance. How much build and/or tune can one increase from one's own garage efforts. I believe it's this chase for production "Purity" that started the upward spiral of costs. Completely missing the point of muscle car ownership thus enjoyment.

This is of course just my opinion. And those who work very hard at restoration and with very good talents to obtain this "Purity" will object to my view point. With some very good points. But from my point of view? There are plenty of other antique type builds that are worthy of this level of detail. To the point of not just historic significance. But to art itself.

But muscle cars are different. They were meant to drive. And to push their design limits. By technologies and garage level imagination.

Last edited:
Just like anything else it's worth what someone is willing to pay when you put it up for sale. Car, house, etc.

I seriously doubt this car has really sold through the eBay listing. Just Shill bidded up.

The car is listed as in West Virginia the broker selling it is in IL.

-
Back