There's a new 1966 Barracuda roaming the streets of Los Angeles

-
Welcome from Sc. Super nice Cuda you picked up. Man these early "A"s are really startin to grow on me:D.

Orginally I thought I would buy late 60's or early 70's muscle, but I feel hard for these.

My highschool sweetheart drove a '71 Demon. I never got over that car.

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here!
Nice clean project you got there, girl. Interesting to see you've got the current white/blue California plate on the front but someone (previous owner?) painted the back plate in the old black/yellow "black plate" colors.

That's a good sign!

It ran good? No overheating? Steering feel ok?

We actually made a pitstop in NoHo to pick up a '65 Harmony guitar for my husband on the way home, so there were some extra miles on top of a long drive. You know, if I get a new toy, then he get's a new toy... Ran like a dream and stayed cool as a cucumber. No leaks or drips on the driveway this morning!

Turns on a dime but the steering could be tightened up and there's a fresh gasoline smell that's stronger that it should be.. Brakes are going to give me some serious calf muscle. Also, the steering wheel was mounted upside down.

This car is so fun to drive.

Welcome and nice looking Fish you have there.

Two things I care most about when I have a car, does it steer and stop. After that everything is a bonus.

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here!
Nice clean project you got there, girl. Interesting to see you've got the current white/blue California plate on the front but someone (previous owner?) painted the back plate in the old black/yellow "black plate" colors.

Right?!? Yeah, back plate is an internet special. Is cool as it is, I found the legal one in the trunk and will probably switch them out.

Right?!? Yeah, back plate is an internet special. Is cool as it is, I found the legal one in the trunk and will probably switch them out.

FYI - Those "internet special" replica black plates are no longer available.
However, AB1658 was approved by the California State Assembly and is currently in front of the Senate Appropriations committee for approval in it's amended form. If approved, the State will offer California Legacy License Plates in either yellow/black, black/yellow, or blue/yellow configurations. They'll need 7500 paid requests of any one style before they'll start making them - and they'll add $50 for the initial issuing of the new plate and $40 additional on top of your annual registration.

FYI - Those "internet special" replica black plates are no longer available.
However, AB1658 was approved by the California State Assembly and is currently in front of the Senate Appropriations committee for approval in it's amended form. If approved, the State will offer California Legacy License Plates in either yellow/black, black/yellow, or blue/yellow configurations. They'll need 7500 paid requests of any one style before they'll start making them - and they'll add $50 for the initial issuing of the new plate and $40 additional on top of your annual registration.

Bad part of that deal is they will have a reflective paint on them according to what I read. To me that kind of sucks some of the wind out of that program. Wonder if they will use a period correct three letters and three numbers for these new plates?

Better late than never... Welcome to FABO. Great looking "fish" you have there.

Welcome aboard from the mitten state! Great looking Barracuda! You've already got the body colored steel wheels, now just snatch up some poverty (dog dish) caps, and your good to go!

Welcome aboard from the east coast.....wouldn't mind have a /6 w/ a 3spd to kick around in with the price of gas hitting $3.50 a gal. again!!!... My '66 F/S was originally from Long Beach, CA.
Anyway, If you hit a wall trying to find a pair of fender turn signal bezels, let me know I got a passenger side fender turn signal bezel if you can find the driver side. You can get new wires, bulbs & bezels from Kruisin Moons.

Roberto
'66 Barracuda Formula S - modded 273, 4spd & 4.10 sure grip

Welcome to FABO!

Cool Cuda!!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Shop Passenger Rear 3 QTR.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 69
-
Back