thermoquad???

-
You might be able to do it successfully yourself, maybe.

i've done them before but this one was really crusty. i didn't want to break anything so i sent it to a pro.. if it needs anything not that it should from here on out i can take of it.. i'm gonna buy a kit just to have..

Joe, Is that a small primary TQ?

@rumblefish360 can you tell if thats is a small primary one? what do the small ones measure??

well it finally came at about 7pm last night.. looks good.. moves freely which is nice..:) can't wait to bolt the ***** on and see how it runs..

carb 1.jpg

carb 2.jpg

carb 3.jpg

carb 4.jpg

carb 5.jpg

carb 6.jpg

carb 7.JPG

carb 8.JPG

Beautiful Joe.

Large @ 1.50
Small @ 1.38

Hi Rumble....I am Ken Manley from Ontario, Canada
Well hello there Ken. I’m assuming your rebuilding carbs for a living/side gig? And you have a handle on the old TQ’?
I think you should leave a link to your sevices and let the people know!

Do so Participate here at FABO! Looking forward to your expertise and help as many others surely would be.

Thermoquad !
I was reading a little about them.
Two timed-vacuum ports are provided on the front of the carburettor base.
Is this one of the reasons why some Holley guys hate this carb ?

Last edited:
Guys hate the carb because they don’t know how to tune them. When they are right they are awesome.

I used to believe all the bad stuff people said about them. What changed my mind was my last LRE. I know a boy who loves these things and he went through mine and fixed a lot of little things some jack did to it. Holy crap did that truck run nice when the carb was right.

Now when ever I see one cheap I grab it. Bought quite a few $5 ones over the years. :).

Hopefully the one I just had done runs as good as my old one. Had a different guy do this one because it was in such sad shape from sitting so long.

Well hello there Ken. I’m assuming your rebuilding carbs for a living/side gig? And you have a handle on the old TQ’?

Do so Participate here at FABO! Looking forward to your expertise and help as many others surely would be.

I agree. A link or something would be nice. I didn’t see anything on the Facebook page either.

Guys hate the carb because they don’t know how to tune them. When they are right they are awesome.

I used to believe all the bad stuff people said about them. What changed my mind was my last LRE. I know a boy who loves these things and he went through mine and fixed a lot of little things some jack did to it. Holy crap did that truck run nice when the carb was right.

Now when ever I see one cheap I grab it. Bought quite a few $5 ones over the years. :).

Hopefully the one I just had done runs as good as my old one. Had a different guy do this one because it was in such sad shape from sitting so long.
Nothing like trying something out that half the world says sucks! And so, thats how i got into Mopars. I love swap meet junk piles. Now I purchase TQ's for there rods and jets.

Come on spring! I'm dying to get back into something.

Nothing like trying something out that half the world says sucks! And so, thats how i got into Mopars. I love swap meet junk piles. Now I purchase TQ's for there rods and jets.

Come on spring! I'm dying to get back into something.
the speed tips dont come up large enough on laptop to read. no ken doesnt have a website, just do facebook search and pm him

Rumble, I do not have a web site.
I do it as a hobby and I tinker when I am bored at night.

Anyone is welcome to contact me on facebook messenger or here or on For b bodies, or facebook chats.

received_355596921597330.jpeg

-
Back