think its time to get out of mopar for a while:(

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
ive had my 73 valiant for a long time but life changes and finances have made it impossible to see a reason to continiue to keep working on it. car needs some serious work to make it really dependable and if i do the needed repairs the mileage is still too bad to be able to drive it daily with the high gas prices. was offered a good deal on a trade for a truck and am going later today to make the deal. i feel sadened by doing this but i think its in my families best interest right now. thanks to you all for the info and support here. i will continue to lurk the site and drool over others projects. thanks again to all the great folks of fabo. and if this deal doesnt work it i guess it wasnt meant for me tortid myself of the car.

Good luck in future, things will get better down the road. Maybe you'll get another one when it's affordable. Rog

Uh, you're whining about mileage and trading for a truck?

i wasnt whining about mileage and the truck in mention is a small truck 4banger 20 plus mpgs vs v8 and 10-12 mpgs. and thanks to the rest. one day hopefully ill have another.

you would actually let gas mileage pull you out of the hobby? good luck to you. i daily drive my 40 year old 318 4 barrel duster and im getting very decent mileage. a truck isnt going to help much if any

Yes you should do what's best for your family. Things will get better and thee are a lot of nice cars out there. Good luck.

it more dependability than the mpgs. they are just a side note. and with the way work has been this year i cant see spending more money to keep something on the rd thats just a hobby. the cars going to a good home where it will get the attention it needs.

thank you. its not over for good. being a four door i think i can find another easy enuff one day.

it more dependability than the mpgs. they are just a side note. and with the way work has been this year i cant see spending more money to keep something on the rd thats just a hobby. the cars going to a good home where it will get the attention it needs.

Do what is best for the family and don't look back. Cars come and cars go so why sweat it for a common daily driver.

thank you. its not over for good. being a four door i think i can find another easy enuff one day.

lol theres no shortage of them, but looking at some of the cracksmoker adds for them, you may have a little trouble getting another one lol

The main thing is be happy and know you are doing what needs to be dun, every family should have a truck.... imo..
So keep a smile on and there will be a better time to move forward on
another MoPar one day soon.
Wishing you the best today and hope everything goes your way rigrunner

I had to make the same tough decision. It has been a couple weeks now and I'm still sure it was the right thing to do. When someone comes along who will give it a good home that is a lucky thing and makes it easier. Invite the new owner to join the site. Also you don't have to just lurk here you can still participate.

cars come and go some times cars are just material things in the end find a nice toyota pick up and you can save enough to still have a mopar

Good for you for putting family matters first. You'll be back, though. You can't get rid of us that easily. Once you get MOPAR in your blood, it's not a hobby anymore, it's a way of life.

ill be looking for another in a year or so. thanks for the comments and ive always put my family first. lost the best job i ever had this year due to them closing down not to reopen. took it as a sign to get off the rd and find a local driving job. its a good job but definitly a struggle. wife is full time student and had to get a job to cover my slack. with 3 kids ive missed alot and it was time to be here for them daily. fabo yall are the best. going in a hr or so to take a last look and decide for sure im going to do this. if the trucks as good as it seems it will be a great deal for me.

"for a while"... thats the spirit!! You gotta do whats right by your family, and you can't have a prouder feeling than that. Do what you gotta do, and we'll keep the light on for ya, after all, its only "for a while"....

Gotta do what ya gotta do. These cars are not cheap to play with. Parts you buy for them are not near as good as years ago. Sounds like your doing the smart thing.

There will be time for the old junk later in life. Don't sweat it man.

-
Back