Thinking About Leaving the "Patina"

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I'm going near bankrupt restoring two classic cars. I'm thinking about just "preserving" the third vehicle, a '65 Plymouth Valiant Signet convertible. I haven't begun yet, just thinking it over.

Convertible edited.png

Shoot some good flat clear over it & drive it until you can afford to paint as you wish.

Going gloss clear on my fargo.
This is dragged in fresh out of the rain.
009A5D2E-60D2-41FA-9A87-E2461287B1AC.jpeg

I never really cared for the " on purpose" patina look now if its natural on old car as long as it ain't rusting I'd drive it. Do what you can afford as long as it makes you happy

Been driving and enjoying mine that way for almost 15 years now. It attracts as much attention as my Swinger. You can have fun without shiny paint.

20191017_183326.jpg

I love natural brunettes.......er.......I mean natural aging.......um.........obvious age and experience........ok, original patina rocks.

I wish I would have gotten mine running and driving. Instead, I blew it all apart and decided to do a full blow resto on it. Eight years later, it's just a bare shell! Some day it will be done, but it would have been easier to get it running and driving and have fun with it!

I'm going near bankrupt restoring two classic cars. I'm thinking about just "preserving" the third vehicle, a '65 Plymouth Valiant Signet convertible. I haven't begun yet, just thinking it over.

View attachment 1715506475

Been driving and enjoying mine that way for almost 15 years now. It attracts as much attention as my Swinger. You can have fun without shiny paint.

View attachment 1715506496

I spent a lot of time and a little money on repainting my car a nice shiny red.
When that paint is getting trashed I decided I was going to paint the car like a shot up WWII airplane might look, rivets on the body lines and divisions of panels, with painted or stick on bullet holes.
Maybe black about two feet of the front end and even paint a name and kill tally's on the fenders.:D

I spent a lot of time and a little money on repainting my car a nice shiny red.
When that paint is getting trashed I decided I was going to paint the car like a shot up WWII airplane might look, rivets on the body lines and divisions of panels, with painted or stick on bullet holes.
Maybe black about two feet of the front end and even paint a name and kill tally's on the fenders.:D
And you will attract more attention at a car show than a trailer queen. LOL

drive it. i dig the truck. always loved the comet wash. so shiny

-
Back