FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And probably doesn’t even know it.

6875804C-6D42-4C72-99E8-A2AB14A63916.jpeg

190BC3C2-6D43-4253-98A5-EE5AC06D5155.jpeg

AEC3FF40-50F4-4EA7-BDE9-00AF9639DC7C.jpeg

I didn't even know the factory ever offered that

I ran low 10’s in my Dart with one (.695) back in the 1980’s. TRW pistons, stock rods and crank, 906 heads, and a TM7 and an 850 Holley.

Factory mopar mushroom cam/lifter kit? Wow. I’d like to see the cam specs.

That part number comes up as the mini express kit 316, .654, on a 107

Well I`ll be the first dummy to ask, how does that even work?
I assume the mushroom part is bigger than the body and would have to be installed from the bottom?
Yes. The block must be spot faced on the bottom of the lifter bores for the shroom part to fit properly.

Those cams are badass. Old school cool at its finest.

Too much cam, too little knowledge and skill, my big block mini express mushroom went flat. Sure wish I had the chance to do it all over again......

Sure wish I hadn't thrown the cam and lifters away. (Saved the battleship springs!)

I had my maxwedge block spot faced for my mushroom. Turned out it was completely unnecessary.
Better safe than sorry. Imagine the carnage that would ensue if not done and it needed it.

Well I`ll be the first dummy to ask, how does that even work?
I assume the mushroom part is bigger than the body and would have to be installed from the bottom?
Yep, you got it. Flip the block over, throw in the lifters, install the cam with the block upside down.
(Coincidentally, the same way you do it with a 1933 imperial engine)

I was looking at doing mushrooms on a slant six. Problem was getting a cam ground to take advantage of them.

Then of course you need to be careful, some mushrooms are poisonous :)

Yep, you got it. Flip the block over, throw in the lifters, install the cam with the block upside down.
(Coincidentally, the same way you do it with a 1933 imperial engine)

I could do mine in the car. I made a half moon tray that I could slide in the cam tunnel. Slide one in and hold the lifter up with my moms clothes pins.

I was looking at doing mushrooms on a slant six. Problem was getting a cam ground to take advantage of them.

Then of course you need to be careful, some mushrooms are poisonous :)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just some random info

Schneider Racing cams

M-316F LA Solid Lifter Camshaft​

dodge318.3.jpg
Your Price: $249.99
Part Number: 14224
Quantity:

Email this page to a friend

This Mushroom Tappet camshaft is an exact replica of the Mopar Performance Mini Express camshaft. The profile was pulled off an NOS Mopar cam, so it is an exact duplicate. Intended for full race applications with 12:1+ compression ratio, single plane intake and long tube headers. Manual transmission or automatic with a 4000+ stall converter and low gears. Again, this camshaft requires the use of aftermarket mushroom tappet lifters.
Part Number:14224
Grind Number:M-316F
Intake Duration (gross):316
Exhaust Duration (gross):316
Intake Duration (.050”):278
Exhaust Duration (.050”):278
Intake Valve Lift*:.654"
Exhaust Valve Lift*:.654"
Lobe Separation:107
Intake Valve Lash:.024"
Exhaust Valve Lash:.028"
RPM Range:4400-7600