this is how outta touch fiat is....

-
But if you look at the screen shot of the web page, you will notice that they spelled "inquiry" as "enquiry". I hope the car has better "kwality" than that...

Well, POO I actually got an email back from that website, and this is what they said:

=========================================================================
"Dear Sir,

You have contacted a PR company based in Singapore by mistake. It just so happens that we are called Chrysler Communications (after the Chrysler building, not the vehicle).

We are no way affiliated with Chrysler cars, and or their production and management team.

Please delete our email address from your records.

Thank you.

Marcio"
========================================================================

Well, POO I actually got an email back from that website, and this is what they said:

"Dear Sir,

You have contacted a PR company based in Singapore by mistake. It just so happens that we are called Chrysler Communications (after the Chrysler building, not the vehicle).

We are no way affiliated with Chrysler cars, and or their production and management team.
Maybe you could suggest that they might want to consider a name change for their company, since the number of people who are aware of Chrysler cars is many times the number of prople who are familiar with the Chrysler building. (Especially, in Singapore.)

It's an issue of practicality... You're very likely not the only person who has contacted them by mistake, due to their misleading name.

See if you get a reply to that... :D

recieved this from chrysler communications on my facebook wall this morning...

do you see a hemi in this picture? lmao..

As I posted on the Chrysler Communications Facebook Page and at the Moparts.com thread (http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7045824&an=0&page=1#Post7046530) ABodyJoe started, yes, it was a mistake I made.

A simple, rushed-to-post, should've-double-checked-the-info, stupid mistake. I know what I saw but must've had a wire or two crossed. I'm sorry.

That's the best, most honest explanation I can offer.

Also, the mistake wasn't made by anyone in Mopar. I work in-house for Chrysler Group PR/Communications.

Feel free to keep the thread going with any questions, etc.

-Mike Driehorst
Chrysler Group LLC.

"Dear Sir,

Please delete our email address from your records.

Thank you.

Marcio"

Thanks for posting the update about "Chrysler Communications." That firm pops up every so often in confusion with the Chrysler Group PR department.

Just trust me that the PR and the social media out of the PR department is done in-house.

Take care,
Mike Driehorst
Chrysler Group

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was a mistake I made.

A simple, rushed-to-post, should've-double-checked-the-info, stupid mistake. I know what I saw but must've had a wire or two crossed. I'm sorry.
-Mike Driehorst
Chrysler Group LLC.

Well thanks for "man'in up" and admitting. I'm surprised Chrysler lets this unrelated Singapore outfit get away with the name.

Well I hope you'll do some 'schoolin about the various Mopar engines.

I've thought about putting a 5.7 hemi in my 67 Dart but may not ever have the money, and at 63, my time may be shorter than I'd hope.

So for many MANY of us on here, the word "hemi" holds a special almost sacred meaning. So does the "Stage III" or "Max" 413 / 426 wedges.

Technically no, you need a 3/4 majority in most countries in order to officially "run" a company. Anything less, and you're just a shareholder. And even then, there's lots of laws regarding what you can, and can not do.

Above statement is un-true. If you hold 50.X% share, you take over the ownership. Anything more , just easier for you in making decision.

Fiat own Chrysler, now.

http://www.auto-manufacturer.com/autonews/detail/73/fiat-owns-53-5-of-chrysler.html

How's about if I just become a 100% shareholder/owner of a Cadi,...at least I can get that with 2 doors and a GODDAMN STICKSHIFT...having sent numourous E-Mails to Chrysler with generic corporate responses,(please visit our showroom for a more availiblity options)...If I'm gonna be spendin north of 20 grand on a new set of wheels, I should get it with what I want on it. I realize thats not a lot of money to a lot of folks these days,...but it still is to me. Its obvious the big Kahuna's are not interested in what we, the American consumer wants. Only how much money they can make for the least amount of R and D. (and engineering),...I'm not surprised they can't tell a Wedge or a Hemi from a Sledge/Salami,..

...and having spent years spinning wrenches,...most (not all) cars from across the pond can't or won't make our safety, emissions, or quality standards. If you think american cars from the 70's and 80's were pieces of crap,....try an earlier peugeot, rover or (ha) fiat,...most of em were'nt worth wasting a bullet to shoot at for target practice. Ok, sorry,...rant over.

I dont see a Hemi, but i see a wedge. And i can slap 426 stickers on my Jeeps V6 and some person out there will see the blurry picture and believe it!

As I posted on the Chrysler Communications Facebook Page and at the Moparts.com thread (http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7045824&an=0&page=1#Post7046530) ABodyJoe started, yes, it was a mistake I made.

That's the best, most honest explanation I can offer.

Also, the mistake wasn't made by anyone in Mopar. I work in-house for Chrysler Group PR/Communications.

Feel free to keep the thread going with any questions, etc.

-Mike Driehorst
Chrysler Group LLC.

It's good to see some accountability.

These mistakes happen in my industry/company too.

It's comical to see the old school guys bash on Chrysler... Abodyjoe obviously has an issue with the Modern day Chrysler. I personally like and invite change to the industry.

Mike thank you for you time in clearing up the mistake.

It's comical to see the old school guys bash on Chrysler... Abodyjoe obviously has an issue with the Modern day Chrysler. I personally like and invite change to the industry. .

I'm glad to hear you think we old guys are "comical." If the change you are inviting is Fiats (or whatever) pretending to be Darts then you can have it

+1. I Renault had around 51% - 55% stake in Nissan when Renault started to pull the strings.

Not sure abot the rest of the world, but in the united states 51% is a simple majority and you can make basic policy changes, but cannot make any large decisions. In order to do anything big or own the corporation, you must have a 75% share. Right now Fiat owns 50.5% of Chrysler. I stand by what I said, Fiat does not own or have a controlling interest in chrysler, nor do they have much of a plan to.

I'm glad to hear you think we old guys are "comical." If the change you are inviting is Fiats (or whatever) pretending to be Darts then you can have it

X2,....squared,...I'll still try to spend my cash on something decent

Not sure abot the rest of the world, but in the united states 51% is a simple majority and you can make basic policy changes, but cannot make any large decisions. In order to do anything big or own the corporation, you must have a 75% share. Right now Fiat owns 50.5% of Chrysler. I stand by what I said, Fiat does not own or have a controlling interest in chrysler, nor do they have much of a plan to.

Not to get to long winded but.. your wrong... 51% and your King.

You all realize that Fiat doesn't OWN Chrysler, right? They're not in charge... Chrysler is in charge of Chrysler. Fiat owns 55% of Chrysler, the UAW owns the rest. That's how they all work. The Canadian govt owns 12% of GM, the us govt owns 20%, and the UAW owns the rest. Fiat and Chrysler have a partnership. Yes, the head of Fiat is now the head of Chrysler, but he turned Fiat into one of the worlds largest and most successful auto manufacturers, so I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Fiat builds some of the nicer cars in Europe.

Reid Bigland replaced Giles, and he seems to be very passionate about making Dodge a successful company.

And as for everyone bashing the Dart, saying it's "low quality" or "a crap car" NOBODY outside of the press has even sat in one yet. They've had the doors locked at the auto show (being that it's a preproduction model it's not entirely ready yet), they had one at the auto show that the press got to sit in, and as I remember, everyone was quite impressed with the quailty and standard features.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chrysler was the fastest growing auto company in North America. Yes, the United States, Canada, and even Mexico, and had more awards for quality than any other manufacturer.

You do know Fiat is buying the chunk that the UAW is holding, yes? That makes them "Fiat in Waiting." And if you check the quality ratings of European cars (in Europe) Fiat is at the bottom. As usual, like the entire country's finances, in the sh@tter.

-
Back