THIS is the dumbest S.O.B. on Craigslist

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5016325653.html

1998 dodge ram 1500 - $2000

1998 dodge ram 1500 odometer: 250000 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

i have a 98 dodge i am selling with NO title,use it for parts or a daily driver. truck runs great but could use a new u-joint on the right side if you cant stand the clicking sound it makes. please serious inquires only and no i am not going to trade for anything except cash. thanks..

==========================================================

Let's add this up.

No photo

Undoubtedly a beater

250K on the clock

NO title,

and needs mechanical work.

And you think I'm gonna pay you 2 grand for this "might be rolling" wreck of a whatever?

My point exactly, LMAO. What do they mean " Registration is out about 800$s"

Right side U joint?

I see that **** all the time here. Rolling broken down blown up beat up junk jeep Cherokees and dodge rams for over 2000 bucks. Its ridiculous

LOL the "no title" part is what gets me. This is one reason I don't care for how WA state "does registrations." In Idaho, you sell, you REMOVE your plates. This means there is NO WAY for the new owner to run around on your plates collecting tickets and other malfeasance.

Of course it's illegal in WA "not" to transfer it, but lots of people don't.

In WA, it is a two part transaction. The buyer has 5 business days to transfer the vehicle into his/her name AND the seller has the same 5 business days to report the sale.
When he/she reports the sale, they must submit the buyers info. (name, addy, drivers license info).
Good news is it can be done online for free for the seller, the buyer will have to pay the transaction fees.
Other bad news in WA that started this year.
When you buy a vehicle, the annual registration is immediately void and the new owner must pay another years registration when they transfer the title.
In practice it works like this...
You find a car on CL that says "current registration".
You buy the car.
You go to the licensing dept to transfer the title and get told you have to pay:
Transfer fees
Sales tax based on their book value NOT what you paid unless you get a signed affidavit that it was sold for less than book value.
Service fees
AND new registration for a year.
If you sell the car, it will start all over again with the new owner, even if the tags are only 1 day old...
Bought my 75 Dart 4d for $2k
Cost me another $275 in fees, taxes to get it into my name and licensed for the road.
:wack:

Gotta be a clean one owner being sold with out a title! Didn't mention a bill of sale either! Run, Forrest, Run!!!

In WA, it is a two part transaction. The buyer has 5 business days to transfer the vehicle into his/her name AND the seller has the same 5 business days to report the sale.
When he/she reports the sale, they must submit the buyers info. (name, addy, drivers license info).
Good news is it can be done online for free for the seller, the buyer will have to pay the transaction fees.
Other bad news in WA that started this year.
When you buy a vehicle, the annual registration is immediately void and the new owner must pay another years registration when they transfer the title.
In practice it works like this...
You find a car on CL that says "current registration".
You buy the car.
You go to the licensing dept to transfer the title and get told you have to pay:
Transfer fees
Sales tax based on their book value NOT what you paid unless you get a signed affidavit that it was sold for less than book value.
Service fees
AND new registration for a year.
If you sell the car, it will start all over again with the new owner, even if the tags are only 1 day old...
Bought my 75 Dart 4d for $2k
Cost me another $275 in fees, taxes to get it into my name and licensed for the road.
:wack:

It's 15 days for the buyer to transfer the vehicle into his/her name, not 5.

Also, it's my understanding that they prorate the remaining time on the old tags for the new owner. In other words, if you bought a vehicle in June with tabs good through October, you would get a credit for 4 months on your new registration (you would pay the cost for 8 months, not the full 12). You still have to pay the cost for the new plates, though. I had this explained to me by two supervisors at the local licensing agency when they were trying to figure out how to do the "year of manufacture" plates on my Barracuda. I couldn't find anything about this on the DOL website, though, so it's totally possible they were misinformed (it did take them 45 minutes to figure out how to correctly charge me for using a '68 plate on my '68 Barracuda, after all).

It's 15 days for the buyer to transfer the vehicle into his/her name, not 5.

Also, it's my understanding that they prorate the remaining time on the old tags for the new owner. In other words, if you bought a vehicle in June with tabs good through October, you would get a credit for 4 months on your new registration (you would pay the cost for 8 months, not the full 12). You still have to pay the cost for the new plates, though. I had this explained to me by two supervisors at the local licensing agency when they were trying to figure out how to do the "year of manufacture" plates on my Barracuda. I couldn't find anything about this on the DOL website, though, so it's totally possible they were misinformed (it did take them 45 minutes to figure out how to correctly charge me for using a '68 plate on my '68 Barracuda, after all).
When I did it last weekend for my sons car, the tabs were new in Feb of this year. They told me I would have to re-register it. I told them "the tabs are good until Feb" and they explained that is not the case any more. I had to pay for new registration and the vehicle is now registered (with new plates) until May of next year. No pro-rating happened.
As for the days to file the sellers report, you are right, there is no penalty after 5 days, but you could / would be held liable.
And of course, apologies are due. As seen in the second image, you have 15 days to file as the buyer and get it into your name.
Learned something new today.
Mostly, don't trust the lady at the licensing dept.
She obviously has not read the DOL website...
Thanks for the info:finga:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 222
When I did it last weekend for my sons car, the tabs were new in Feb of this year. They told me I would have to re-register it. I told them "the tabs are good until Feb" and they explained that is not the case any more. I had to pay for new registration and the vehicle is now registered (with new plates) until May of next year. No pro-rating happened.
As for the days to file the sellers report, you are right, there is no penalty after 5 days, but you could / would be held liable.
And of course, apologies are due. As seen in the second image, you have 15 days to file as the buyer and get it into your name.
Learned something new today.
Mostly, don't trust the lady at the licensing dept.
She obviously has not read the DOL website...
Thanks for the info:finga:

Wow. That sucks. So much for the prorate, which at least made some sense. If you're right, as it stands now, the state is collecting all those extra months worth of fees for tabs that nobody can use. That's not right, man.

And yes, don't trust the lady at the licensing department. Hoping the flip off was for her, not me!

The one good thing about Idaho, is that tags are not all that expensive. "I've had my moments" LOL

Some years ago I wrecked a Ranger, totaled. Made a trailer out of the bed. They wanted me to provide receipts etc or an estimate "what it is worth."

"Lady," I told her, "this was my truck that got totaled, it was worth thousands of dollars, and now it's junk. The way I figure it, You owe ME money." My humor, LOL, was just not appreciated

When I was a HELL of a lot younger, a then friend did a "big trade" for a '44 Kenworth city bus converted to a 383!! Mopar. First time we saw it, he proclaimed "Good Gawd, it's a ship!!"

"Yeah," I says, "ship WRECK," and we named it "The Edmund" right on the spot

Anyhow, I ended up with it for awhile. The Jehovas Witness's had converted it to a kitchen, and neither they nor my friend had ever transferred it. So "I went in" with a stack of out - of -date paperwork. This was before "computers." The old biddies had a big conflab, feathers flying, ink spattering, trying to figure out what to charge me in back taxes.

I finally told them, "If you want to collect back taxes on this, you go talk to the PREVIOUS owner, THEY are the ones who didn't transfer this thing. I'M THE ONE trying to get it current"

So they flapped and conflabbed some more, and finally decided just to transfer it and have it done with!!!!

It's 10 days in FL to transfer or pay a fine (tip- don't have the seller date the title), and I've never lived in a state that allows you to run someone else's registration.

They've all been based on your birthday.

If you register on the day before your birthday, you pay for a year and then another year the next day (or whatever the grace period is).

Take pics of the car if it's a project or in need of repair or paint.

Those go a long way in a "book value" argument.

I paid $800 for my 67 Belvedere wagon. When I registered it I said "it needs a windshield and a floor pan, among other things", and that was the end of that. No further questions.

My point exactly, LMAO. What do they mean " Registration is out about 800$s"

Our state is do broke they look for ways to recoup any money. If you let tags expire they basically double, a truck normally costs about 100 bucks to register here. They got to pay for that train go no where, as well as school for immigrants some how.

LOL the "no title" part is what gets me. This is one reason I don't care for how WA state "does registrations." In Idaho, you sell, you REMOVE your plates. This means there is NO WAY for the new owner to run around on your plates collecting tickets and other malfeasance.

I always remove the plate. Another view is they don't have a title because.
1)Payday title loan shark has it.
2)Divorced spouse has it.
3)He bought it without it and can't get it.
4)Stolen.

-
Back