This is what a '66 Valiant Signet should look like

-
That is sweet...wonder what his reserve is?

I know that convertible that just ended didn't meet reserve...

Looks real nice to me! Factory A/C, commando, power disc car... Only a few items have been changed from stock.....fan is a non-A/C type, fan clutch has been replaced with a solid spacer, and other minor maintenence items like the radiator cap, hose clamps, and the red line tires. Interesting VIN tag stamping screwup! The seller says in his ad that it has 55,000 miles but the photo shows 85,000. Been repainted and reupholstered but looks like a good job. Didn't sell so contact the guy and see what he wants for it. If it was a convertible, I would have been all over it!

Loaded heavily and rare, Plymouth's A body Valaint's luxury car that could jump and go in 66.
Very nice.

I could be totally wrong about saying this but I do not believe the 727 was available in the 66 Signet yet the 904 is also considered a torqueflite, so either he's new at this game and just glanced at the numbers and took for granted saying its a 727 since the plate says its a torqueflite or he's had it since new and was sleeping with the CEO of Chrysler or he made a mistake or I am wrong and all that I have learned and read in the 30 years I have had my Signet even though mine is a 64 has been changed and I'm not actually on this planet any longer. Granted it is a clean car but I would be suspicious of certain things he has as far as the option list.
When I bought my Signet from the original owner, I got the original bill of sale from the dealership which had very little written on it and although the build sheet was still in the rear seat, it meant nothing to me as all I wanted to know is that it was a original black, rust free vehicle with 52,000 miles on it. Everything else I needed to know was gotten from the Chrysler historical society.

oh well, baby blue isn't my color

Seems to me the seller--even if hunt and peck--could have afforded the time to type out a little about the background, and condition of the car

I could be totally wrong about saying this but I do not believe the 727 was available in the 66 Signet yet the 904 is also considered a torqueflite, so either he's new at this game and just glanced at the numbers and took for granted saying its a 727 since the plate says its a torqueflite or he's had it since new and was sleeping with the CEO of Chrysler or he made a mistake or I am wrong and all that I have learned and read in the 30 years I have had my Signet even though mine is a 64 has been changed and I'm not actually on this planet any longer. Granted it is a clean car but I would be suspicious of certain things he has as far as the option list.
When I bought my Signet from the original owner, I got the original bill of sale from the dealership which had very little written on it and although the build sheet was still in the rear seat, it meant nothing to me as all I wanted to know is that it was a original black, rust free vehicle with 52,000 miles on it. Everything else I needed to know was gotten from the Chrysler historical society.

oh well, baby blue isn't my color
The owner probably doesn't know the difference between a 904 and a 727. I get lots of customers that don't know, even with cars they've owned for 30 years! Since the 727 hits the stock firewall/floorpan area, I doubt you could get one from the factory even if you did sleep with the CEO! :love7:

Same exact interior as my car too. Can't get it (ostrich) from Legendary last time I checked. Very nice little 66 for sure

-
Back