This Nissan Frontier Commercial is total BS

-

Badart

Reaction score
Why do auto companies have to do this? It ticks me off. Anyone who has spent 5 minutes driving in the dunes knows this is BS. Anyone else seen this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zC7t-lA7gA"]Nissan Frontier: Hill Climb - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like mid frame they tilt the camera 45 degrees and plant the flag poles at the opposite angle. The guy rides over a 5 foot dune at the end...The buggy flag seems to drape the same way angle on both sides of its pole.

You can't tell me that all of the Mopar commercials are real believable, especially when the 3g Hemi first came out.....

That one's as bad as the one that pulls in front of a jet liner landing with the front gear in the bet. It couldn't go fast enough or support that kind of wight. And I don't even think that the Viper powered Ram pickup couldn't go fast enough to do that! :banghead:

Exactly. I thought these commercials were meant to be funny. I didn't think that anyone would actually believe that these trucks could perform the amazing feats that are shown?!? If you really thought they were real, well, I guess you are the kind of person they are going after.

this one says flat out that it's fake, so I don't really have a problem with it. The ones I hate are products that simply don't do what they claim.

The nose wheel weight of a Boeing 757 is about 70,000 lbs.
Even a Dodge 5500 cab/chassis might not handle that.

Looks like Olds hill out in Glamis. That is a big Fing pile of sand. Very steep. Lot of fun to go up too. Chances are that sand car has a LS motor in it cranking out some thing around 500HP. Truck don't have a cance. I would smoke him on my quad:D My dad could smoke him with his front wheels off the ground:prayer:

Attachments

• Har%27s%20Alumicraft.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,218
I'm pretty sure that they don't expect anyone to believe the ad. I saw this one and the airplane and I fought myself looking for the disclaimer because there are idiots that believe it. The sad thing is that we have to tell people that this stuff is fake. If you believe it you should stop watching tv.

But it must be true. I saw it on TV (or read it on the internet)!

Actually, the ones I have fun with are the big bad 4x commercials showing 'em throwing dust driving down a dirt road at 50 mph. Yeah, so much for the big bad 4x if that's it only "off road" capability. Most of the roads they show on the commercials are pretty much the same roads I grew up on.

I drive a frontier and it is a go anywhere do anything truck and I believe evrything in that add. OK when do I get my new truck after this wonderfull endorsement?.........I'm not!!! Well I really wouldn't dare get in soft sand with my Nisson I think it would be stuck in a heartbeat if fact 10 inches of snow is about the limit.

Remember a few years ago when they had Chevy Trucks pulling up stumps? My Dad had a stump grinding business then, couldn't tell you how many people destroyed rear ends trying to pull out stumps. Dumb asses will try anything.

Well I really wouldn't dare get in soft sand with my Nisson I think it would be stuck in a heartbeat if fact 10 inches of snow is about the limit.

It would do ok in the sand. Not like in the commercal but you could drive around some and not get stuck. The trick is to air down your tires. People go out there and try driving around with 55+psi in there tires. Does not work to well. Then if you can talk them in to airing down to 10psi or less they find it does so much better.

My dad made it up that hill (Olds) in his 02 Ford F-250 with a set of 44' super swapers and about 3 psi.

-
Back