This seat taken?

-

Super T

Thisfieldistooshort
Reaction score
Greetings boys and ghouls. Came here to learn a lil bit more about the A bodies. I have personal interest in Johnparts' '74 Scamp and I'm looking forward to helping him w/ all the work on the car and learning as much as possible along the way.

I'll confess, I've always been a GM guy. I think the '70 Chevelle, 454/6-spd is about the sexiest muscle car ever created. I'm on my second W-body (had a '93 Cutlass Supreme, now have a '95 for my daily driver). But when GM killed Olds, I was lost. Lost, that is, until I laid eyes on the Magnum. Holy sexywagon batman! I lusted after that car for about 6 months until I graduated and could finally buy a new '05 midnight blue RT. 14 months later, I traded it for a new '06 SRT8 w/ 31 miles on the clock and never looked back. Since then it's gotten so much work it's not funny, and I'm not even 1/3 done with her. Here's where she currently stands:

11-284.jpg

In the process, I started paying more attention to Mopars. Of course I always thought the 'Cuda and Dart were sexy, but I've developed a new love for the classic Mopar metal. The A-body cars really are bad-***, and the more I see of them, the more I start to jones for one. Sadly, I have 3 more years to pay on the Magnum, so in the meantime, I'm helping John out w/ his ride as much as possible.

Looking forward to boatloads of knowledge and good times along the way!!

Welcome, Yeah, the coolest wagon ever built....I was hot for one and went for a test drive, The sales guy drove it first and must have been/or current sports car racer. He had me all puckered up, driving through a building parking lot and around it at high speeds, talking up the 50/50 weight distrubition.8)

Yeah, and even with a car payment it ain't hard to find a reasonably priced A-body project car! C'mon......drink the Kool-Aid!

Welcome. Nice Magnum.
70 was the beginning of "heavy chevy" . Chevelle gained like 700 pounds in one year.LOL Enough bowtie chat though...
Have fun :)

Welcome "T".

We can appreciate GM guys here too, as there are alot of guys here who like all makes/models especially since now days American nostalgia of any kind is a dying breed so we all need to stick together regardless of brand.

I grew up with mostly chevy guys and was the red headed step child who loved Mopars over all.
I entered the car world with a 4 door valiant that could hang with the big boys and finally got my dream car on the road after an 8 year build.

Looks like a bad *** ride you got there to step into the Mopar hobby with though.

Dude! That is a cool looking Magnum.

Welcome aboard, and NO! THAT seat is not taken, so pull it up and crack one open. I'm not sure who and how well anybody here is on the newer engines and electronics so you'll have to understand if you wait a bit on a answer.

-
Back