Thought I had more time!

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Comming up on a yellow light.
Thought I would make it.
Then there is that moment when you realize there is a trafic cam at that intersection.

PXL_20210816_204056916.jpg

What to do, panic stop in the middle of the intersection, just keep on going, or....

Wave at the camera! ( Don't know if it helped my case)

PXL_20210816_204044302.jpg

Lol
The fine will be in the mail.
That's a nice looking car.
More pics?

Caught a few times on traffic red light camera's. The key is that if your car is ahead of the thick white line and it is still yellow it then you cannot be ticketed. I had two citations, went to court, and they had a device that could click frame to frame. On one my front bumper was ahead of the white line into the intersection, ticket dismissed! On the second it was about 5 feet before the line, $75 court costs and $100 fine...

I'm well behind the line and the light is very red. I knew it was going to be close. Then remembered the cam so all I could do was wave.

First ticket in 15 years here in Colorado.

Iirc dies not count against your driving record

We got a ticket in the mail and the picture was a BMW. I dont own a stinkin bmw. This happened twice.

Not a fan of red light cameras.

Enhanced safety is questionable.

Money generation is definite.

Dana, the last discussion I’ve had and heard with red light cameras is they have to deliver the ticket to you personally. Not through the mail. Most people pay it when they get it in the mail. You may want to look into this more.I just googled it. Looks like they can mail them. Here’s some info

Here's How to Fight A Red Light Camera Ticket in Colorado

Last edited:
Well let’s analyze your run.
You broke out of the 30 mph dial in by 12 mph (42 mph through the traps). Your reaction time was 0.32 and yet your ET was 0.00.
Overall there is some room for improvement.

We got a ticket in the mail and the picture was a BMW. I dont own a stinkin bmw. This happened twice.
Yup, I got a ticket in the mail for running through a toll stop and not paying..

The picture shows a Carolla which I don't own and a closer look shows my exact plate number except theirs is a state of Utah plate and mine is a Colorado plate.

You guys live in traffic camera states and you don’t have a light defuser on your plate?

I hate radar and red light cams, I would rather the officer be patrolling.

I own my mistakes. I knew it was going to be close so I'll pay the fine and move on.

My bumper wasn't even at the line and the light is clearly red, plus I was going 42 in a 30.

I have gotten out af many tickets in my life by being honest. The one time I lied i walked away with a ticket.

I'm ok with it.

I do believe it is WAY more about cash than safety.

If it was truly about safety the yellows would have AI and stay yellow when a car was approaching, or delay the red going green for a few seconds till the light runner had cleared the intersection.

I have a REAL bad attitude about yellow lights. Most of them are too short

Yea. Agreed.
Alot of north east cities have red light cameras. They had a new one in my old town and a guy petitioned them because the yellow was too quick, (apparently there's a standard amount of time required by the DOT). He was right and they waved his ticket. They extended the yellow light time as well.
The problem is they can definitely cause accidents. People lock up the brakes on yellow.
Another issue is that in some areas that are tight, emergency vehicles can't get through because nobody wants to slow roll a red light to let them pass.
It's a big problem since it's $ greed, a money maker for municipalities.
My ticket in NY was mailed from the Midwest somewhere, the company that reviews the video footage, and issues the fine, supposedly gets a big chunk of the fee.
Total BS

Last edited:
Follow the money.
Nothing to do with safety.
They took them out of Texas were I live.
I did get burnt one time for $75.

You have a right to meet your accuser…..shelve it…the traffic cam company gets about 75% of the fine….ignore it

Yea. Agreed.
Alot of north east cities have red light cameras. They had a new one in my old town and a guy petitioned them because the yellow was too quick, (apparently there's a standard amount of time required by the DOT). He was right and they waved his ticket. They extended the yellow light time as well.
The problem is they can definitely cause accidents. People lock up the brakes on yellow.
Another issue is that emergency vehicles can't get through because nobody wants to slow roll a red light to let them pass.
It's a big problem since it's $ greed, a money maker for municipalities.
My ticket in NY was mailed from the Midwest somewhere, the company that reviews the video footage, and issues the fine, supposedly gets a big chunk of the fee.
Total BS
I hate the damned things, both red light cams and photo radar. Here we have mobile units that are mounted in vehicles that will be parked in random locations, often near playgrounds or schools, frequently have one parked a couple blocks from my house, there is a playground there. I don't mind them around the playgrounds or schools, those make some sense, but we also have a couple of portable units that look kinda like utility boxes, those will be set up anywhere, typically behind a post or bus stop bench where it's all but impossible to see. That's all about the cash and nothing to do with safety.

Two issues with red light cams in FL-

1- Most laws state you are required to stop "at the line".

Does this mean before the line? ON the line?

2- 99% of officers won't cite a driver they see stopping on the line or slightly after the line, as long as they stop.
Hell most officers won't cite a driver the doesn't stop if turning right.

Cams cite everyone. No judgment. even if it looks like they are over the line.

Unequal application of the law.

Actually-

3- FL fines are process by a company located in Georgia.
(correction- GA for tolls, AZ for red lights)

WTF?

If you're gonna fleece Floridians, at least pay other Floridians to do it.

-
Back