Thoughts/opinions on Blueprint Engines 408 stroker crate engine?

-
Good information, older thread.

I placed an order thru Summit back in January 2023. A little misleading on their expected arrival date, was originally April then it mysteriously changed to July right after I placed my order. I called BPE and they confirmed the July date.

Well, July 31st rolls around, and bam, it ships :)

Dyno sheet indicated a few HP short, 458 vs 465 advertised. But torque was 523 vs 494 advertised. Impressive.

Looking forward to installing shortly...

View attachment 1716125657

I'll take that trade off. You'll be using that 29ft/lbs of torque more often than that extra 7hp.

We toured the BPE in Kearney, back in June on our Tour Nebraska. Very impressed! I'm not sure if they give tours, if you just show up, I don't think so. We gave John a ride back to his shop Friday evening and when we got back for our lunch on Sunday, he gave us a personalized tour that afternoon. It was a very neat place.

Good information, older thread.

I placed an order thru Summit back in January 2023. A little misleading on their expected arrival date, was originally April then it mysteriously changed to July right after I placed my order. I called BPE and they confirmed the July date.

Well, July 31st rolls around, and bam, it ships :)

Dyno sheet indicated a few HP short, 458 vs 465 advertised. But torque was 523 vs 494 advertised. Impressive.

Looking forward to installing shortly...

View attachment 1716125657
First, thanks for being a customer!!!
Second, please PM me your serial number....I want to look into the hp deal... I'm hoping they just printed run #1, opposed to run #3 or #4, and I can email the right one. Thanks again!

Took a trip from North Dakota to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and back this summer in My Scamp with my Blue Print engine was a 2,600 mile round trip and it did great no issues and now have over 10,000 miles on it and never had an issue.
Still looks great.

IMG_20230512_145900563_HDR (1).jpg

First, thanks for being a customer!!!
Second, please PM me your serial number....I want to look into the hp deal... I'm hoping they just printed run #1, opposed to run #3 or #4, and I can email the right one. Thanks again!

Johnny, any news on the other dyno runs?

Johnny, any news on the other dyno runs?
Sorry for my delay! I can't find any others higher than that one. I'm embarrassed to say that one snuck out a tad under. We're only human, but very sorry it happened regardless. A minimum is a minimum for a reason, and we're taking it seriously and have made sure it wont happen again. If you need any parts for the build that i happen to carry, let me know and i'll be happy to work something out with you for sure. Appreciate you being a customer, and i really appreciate you being cool about the mistake on our part. I'm sure it'll do well for you. Glad to see it at least made some nice torque for you in exchange!

Took a trip from North Dakota to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and back this summer in My Scamp with my Blue Print engine was a 2,600 mile round trip and it did great no issues and now have over 10,000 miles on it and never had an issue.
Still looks great.

View attachment 1716126070
10,000 miles is a nice chunk! glad to see it's doing good for you Fred!!

-
Back