Throttle Pressure Linkage From Nothing

-

Siksty7 Dart 270

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If starting with no V8 linkage parts at all, what's the best and most cost effective way to set up a throttle pressure linkage on a single 4bbl carburated Magnum with a 904? Going into an original /6 with 904 67 Dart

Lokar throttle cable. You'll likely need the kick down cable as well, assuming you're sticking with an Auto trans. They can come together as a kit. I don't remember what I paid but it was significantly less than trying to get the full linkage setup
My dart came with a half assed and dangerously frayed throttle cable and no kickdown. I used the Lokar setup and it took a little bit of fiddling but it all feels really good now

@Projectile Dart nailed it. Just grab the lokar setup, throttle and kickdown. It’s a very clean install. You can find rip-offs of them to save money, but the Lokar brand is worth the extra $$ spent IMO.

If this is a new swap, be sure to use the proper flex plate for a Magnum plus its for a 904 unlike the factory 727 that came behind it.

Thanks all. I like the simplicity of the Lokar setup. Professor Fate's solution is smart, but I'd have find all the stock parts. A and A has the complete setup for $350, about twice the price of the cheaper type of Lokar.

-
Back