Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
I was thinking of swapping the Hemi for the new Ford 5.0 Coyote.

yes i agree less chance of tearing up that ferd rear using ferd power then using a monster HEMI,,,, J/K

It's looking good Tin. I thought about welding some perches for the sway bar mounting, but went with something different, it is way cool to have those like that. Did you have some flex lines made for the calipers, or did they come with the kit?

yes i agree less chance of tearing up that ferd rear using ferd power then using a monster HEMI,,,, J/K

:thumleft:

(The sad part is the Ford has 412HP from 5.0L, where the Hemi only has 345HP from 5.7L)

It's looking good Tin. I thought about welding some perches for the sway bar mounting, but went with something different, it is way cool to have those like that. Did you have some flex lines made for the calipers, or did they come with the kit?

The rear came with flex lines, I just ordered a longer one for the right side so I would not have to make up a hard line. The less connections, the less potential problems. IMO

:thumleft:

(The sad part is the Ford has 412HP from 5.0L, where the Hemi only has 345HP from 5.7L)

with the new variable valve timing the car 5.7 has 372 hp,,,and with the high rise intake on the truck 390 hp,,im sure theres more left in it some place,,,,just kidding rear looks greatCOLOR]

Build the Hemi to spin 7000 or 8000 rpm like the coyote and I bet it would make considerably more. Just a thought. :thumleft:

both are way koool power plants,,,did any one see the custom coyote holly wood hot rods built for the ray bestos brake model A pick up

Tin, do what any real red blooded American would normally do when confronted by the truth, as your truthfulness to yourself is more important than anyone so forget politics. I personally never put myself in anyone else shoes.

both are way koool power plants,,,did any one see the custom coyote holly wood hot rods built for the ray bestos brake model A pick up

That is a beautiful truck, and I like what they did to the motor, making it look old school was really cool.....

Tin, do what any real red blooded American would normally do when confronted by the truth, as your truthfulness to yourself is more important than anyone so forget politics. I personally never put myself in anyone else shoes.

My next build will be a Ford or at least Ford powered.....

I'll tell ya Tin, persons here will drive ya crazy, the purist in any automobile forum hasn't a clue to what is good compared to what is great. As far as myself, I love the early A body 2 door Valiants and Signet bodies but the choice of powerplants from Chrysler is ridiculously low for the amount of room under the hood unless you're stuck in the no technology state of mind. Most all of what I see today on and in these cars in modifications is what I done yesterday.

I been following your post since I first came here and it is very interesting to see your progress. Doing something like this for myself at this time of my life would hinder my lifestyle and stop me from the builds going on in my other vehicles as I just love vehicles.

I'll tell ya Tin, persons here will drive ya crazy...........

Yeah, the way some people talk, you'd think they invented somethin that's been around nearbout a hundred years. Take pinstripin for instance......

I'll tell ya Tin, persons here will drive ya crazy, the purist in any automobile forum hasn't a clue to what is good compared to what is great. As far as myself, I love the early A body 2 door Valiants and Signet bodies but the choice of powerplants from Chrysler is ridiculously low for the amount of room under the hood unless you're stuck in the no technology state of mind. Most all of what I see today on and in these cars in modifications is what I done yesterday.

I been following your post since I first came here and it is very interesting to see your progress. Doing something like this for myself at this time of my life would hinder my lifestyle and stop me from the builds going on in my other vehicles as I just love vehicles.

I consider myself a "Purist" to a point. I do believe a Chevy should have a Chevy motor, a Ford in a Ford, etc. But as for the smaller pieces, I don't care, ( if your building a Hot Rod, If you are restoring a car, that is a different story) I go with what works and the best bang for the buck. Like I said, my next project will be Ford powered, but not necessarily a Ford. I have been looking at a 67 Volvo 122s because I like the body style, but there is no way I will run a Volvo engine... I do what I like, if you like it, that's great, if not that's OK too. Just keep it to yourself!

Personally, I think the car is awesome. I like your taste and how you're doin it. It's gonna be real nice.

Nothin' purebreed about anything I own either. My 8.75 Mopar rear has Ferd ends w/Ferd drum brakes...simply because it's a economical and readily available for us HOT RODDERS....and by the way...most of us Hot Rodders....all professional ballbusters...just part of the fun.

Nothin' purebreed about anything I own either. My 8.75 Mopar rear has Ferd ends w/Ferd drum brakes...simply because it's a economical and readily available for us HOT RODDERS....and by the way...most of us Hot Rodders....all professional ballbusters...just part of the fun.

I love this build........... some really cool, trick stuff........

It looks trick... and I bet it hauls ***...well thought out.

Hell Tin, I'm jonesen for more pics!!!

-
Back