Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Like everybody else I think this is one of the best cars being built here, but I’m not quite sure about the stripes and Hemi logo! A bit in your face when compared to the rest of the build. May have looked better on a car with a black hood but that wouldn’t work on this car! The stripes appear to go no where, just suddenly end at the hood.
It’s your car your way and this is the only thing I’m not sure of.
What’s it look like when you’re back from the car and can see your rear wing as well?

Look forward to seeing your progress, Marty

Marty, I went round and round on the design of the stripes. I had originally planned a panel in the center of the hood (on the raised section ) then these two stripes were going to go over the fender & hood and meet up with the center section. But after some searching I ran across a number of cars with what they call Grand Sport stripes. So that is what I did. I have 2 more sets, If I change my mind I can always change them, but I kind of like it as is.

View attachment user345079_pic57969_1279319394 (1).jpg

Thanks for the positive comments guy's, it really helps with the motivation to finish this thing.

Really like them, I was looking at my dart a few weeks ago and trying to decide if I need a powerbuldge hood with some graphics of some sort to spice it up.. I like it.

Could you just mail us all poster sized framed pics of your car for christmas? I am sure my wife would let me hang it in the living room... Its that cool...

Joe

Really like them, I was looking at my dart a few weeks ago and trying to decide if I need a powerbuldge hood with some graphics of some sort to spice it up.. I like it.

Could you just mail us all poster sized framed pics of your car for christmas? I am sure my wife would let me hang it in the living room... Its that cool...

Joe

Thanks Joe, I just had some 24" x 36" posters printed up, and I tried to get the wife to let me hang it in the house....you know how that went..:protest:

I must say Tin you do have me liking the older Dart's now seeing yours come together like this, everything so far slams anything Foose has done and I like him tons. But this build is "OFF THE HOOK" for shnizzle lol woops I didn't say that (shnizzle) that is. Love it so far keep up the hard work. Oh and yes Love the Stripes and HEMI tells it how it is.
Brad

Hahaha... Yes I do.

Hey My wife let me hang a Let freedom rev poster (in a frame of course) in her laundry room. Perhaps you should start there and then work farther in to the house.
BTW a Let freedom rev poster is the SRT challenger Poster if you have not seen them.

As I always say baby steps first then move in all the way. LOL

WOW! looks real good.Clean like the rest of the work you've done... I like it!

The stripes look good.. But I think I would extend them onto the hood slightly... just so it looks like you meant to end them...

I just found your thread and spent most of my day reading through it all. You've done amazing work here and should be very proud, love it!

Tin, i remember your heater hose mods, but couldnt remember, or find it.. What heater are you running?

Looks great Tin. Did you build it yourself with that tig you bought?
On another note, what starter did you go with to clear the srt jeep manifolds. I got my trans and drivers side manifold clearenced so they would bolt together and just trying to figure out what to buy for a starter since it is tight there.

Looks great Tin. Did you build it yourself with that tig you bought?
On another note, what starter did you go with to clear the srt jeep manifolds. I got my trans and drivers side manifold clearenced so they would bolt together and just trying to figure out what to buy for a starter since it is tight there.

I used a stock Mopar starter that I bought from Bouchillan performance.

View attachment A242N.jpg

If you are using a 545 you need to remove the starter hump on the passengers side of the tranny to make room for the exhaust manifold.

Awsome work on the tank. Is that a wrinkle finish on the tank? If so what paint did you use? I have a wrinkle finished tool box at work and would like to do some ods and ends parts for my duster in wrinkle. Just not sure what brands of wrinkle spray bombs work best.

-
Back