Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Happy Holidays to everyone from Germany!

l_303c0fe142684d8aa949b629f64b1d44.jpg

there on the right this is my small workshop

l_fcde5f3dfdc54aafb257256af98f049e.jpg

l_c787e2b42c344c1bb6fd918b45b8b751.jpg

let him snow
let him snow
let him snow :)

uli

Hey Tin did the snow stop you from working on the car. I have not seen any pictures lately. Get to work.
I've been working! Not real exciting stuff, getting the engine compartment ready for paint. Maybe with a little luck I'll have some color on it soon.

Are you still kickin'? Don't let the snow stop ya or slow you down, keep us posted on what's happening.

Well, have ya got any car **** for us?

The same happened to me this past week----honest.

What do you guy's think of my new gas cap?
100_1752.jpg

I finished welding up the passengers side inner fender, now just clean them up and prime.

100_1753.jpg

sorry for the semi-stupid question but what exactly forced you to alter the inner fender is it the clearance for the heads???

sorry for the semi-stupid question but what exactly forced you to alter the inner fender is it the clearance for the heads???

You don't really have to, but if you ever wanted to take off the right valve cover off, you would have to lift the motor.

In my opinion, if you plan on driving it, a Gen III is the only way to go. I purchased my "New" 2005 5.7 LX (car motor) for 3K in the crate. Of course there are a few additional items you need like alternator, different oil pan, exhaust, but you will need that no matter what you build. The motor will still utilize the MDS along with an overdrive automatic, this car will have 350hp and should get 25mpg on the highway all day long, Let's see you do that with a 440.

where abouts did you land a crate 5.7L for that price????

You don't really have to, but if you ever wanted to take off the right valve cover off, you would have to lift the motor.

okay thats what i was wondering. on my 06 charger it is tight and taking it off the valve cover and head was a big pain and i bet i had more room then you would have had.

okay thats what i was wondering. on my 06 charger it is tight and taking it off the valve cover and head was a big pain and i bet i had more room then you would have had.
My recommendation is to switch the shorty screws on that side to avoid that problem and move the longer ones to the side that you do have clearance. This is what I did and I am able to remove the valve covers with no problem. Just my two Cents, lol

My recommendation is to switch the shorty screws on that side to avoid that problem and move the longer ones to the side that you do have clearance. This is what I did and I am able to remove the valve covers with no problem. Just my two Cents, lol
Thanks for the tip Lime, how is the car coming?

OK time for an update. The underside is finished, so I started stripping down the body. I'm looking forward to getting the body straight and ready for paint. I finished prepping the engine compartment, finished sanding the epoxy, then threw some etch to cover the bare metal spots, then I shot two coats of K36 urethane primer (no pic). As you can see I uncovered a little surprise in the drivers door. Apparently the factory undercoat pealed away and made a place for water to sit, and make holes in my otherwise perfect door. Oh well, whats another couple holes to fill, as you can see, I have quite a few to get rid of, ( all the moulding holes and the door handle and lock are going). I had to weld up the holes for the mirror, because they were about 5 sizes to big, plus the door was all dented where the mirror goes, so I'll just drill some new ones later on.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

That engine bay is looking nice. I'm almost to the point of tearing mine down for the last time and starting the body work---notice I didn't say body fun!!!!! My arms are gonna wear out doing the block sanding over and over and over--get the idea? Oh, I filled in the antenna hole today, gonna use a hidden antenna.

That engine bay is looking nice. I'm almost to the point of tearing mine down for the last time and starting the body work---notice I didn't say body fun!!!!! My arms are gonna wear out doing the block sanding over and over and over--get the idea? Oh, I filled in the antenna hole today, gonna use a hidden antenna.
I must agree with the engine bay. It is looking real good and the car also. It is good to see that you are really hitting it hard to get her going. :toothy10: What I cant believe is that 5.7 in all this time has only covered the hole of the antenna. I don't know about that but he is slacking. We need to now get on his case.lol

I must agree with the engine bay. It is looking real good and the car also. It is good to see that you are really hitting it hard to get her going. :toothy10: What I cant believe is that 5.7 in all this time has only covered the hole of the antenna. I don't know about that but he is slacking. We need to now get on his case.lol

I think you are correct lime, 5.7 has been slacking. He has no excuse with all that warm So Cal weather, I have been averaging around 15 degrees.

On a second note, I painted the engine compartment yesterday, I will post pics soon ( came out awsome!).

Time to let the cat out of the bag, here are some pic's of the engine compartment painted......

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Yeah, I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back