Tire size after mini tub

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/28X1...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&hash=item1e59121ad7

Ive been looking at these tires. My question is after the mini tub and springs are moved in would these even come close to fitting? I have a Dana 60 im looking to get cut down to the size I need. I have a set of 15x10s with a BS of 4" I have the luxury of cutting the rear to make things fit. I want a good beefy tire to complement these rims.

No problem. I am running a 13" wide tire on my dart and I believe Mad dart is too. Just make sure your back spacing on the wheels is good.

ride4.jpg

Is 28" plenty tall Or should I look at going taller? Also I see a major price difference between the Bias ply and radial. What are the pros and cons of bias ply?

4.10 gear street car. Ive been seriously thinking of stepping down to a 3.73 But kinda want to keep the 4.10s since I got them. I dont see myself cruising the highway much but would like to keep it under 3000 RPM at 55.

Is 28" plenty tall Or should I look at going taller? Also I see a major price difference between the Bias ply and radial. What are the pros and cons of bias ply?

I think that if you go any taller you are going to have issues with the tire hitting the front of the wheel well. With a 28" tall tire and 3.89 gears I am turning about 2,900 at 60 mph.

4.10 gear street car. Ive been seriously thinking of stepping down to a 3.73 But kinda want to keep the 4.10s since I got them. I dont see myself cruising the highway much but would like to keep it under 3000 RPM at 55.

I like the 3.73 gear, 4.10 is to low for me on the street..

Badart----- What size is your rear tires and rims? Is your rear end shortened or just the mini-tub?

Ok if I go down to a 3.73 will it still be plenty snappy and not throw off the other stuff I have bought? I have a 3000-3500 stall vert. 440 Dana 60 Auto trans .545 lift cam.

Running a 4.10 is with a 26 inch tire,stepping up to 28,s will drop the ratio 8% so you,ll be close to 3.73,s.

Badart----- What size is your rear tires and rims? Is your rear end shortened or just the mini-tub?

Rims are 15"x12" and tires are 325/50/15. It's a narrowed 9", custom axles, detroit locker and has disc brakes from an exploder. The rear suspension is a Chris Alston parallel 4-link with CE coilovers. It hooks pretty good. I just need more motor now.

Ok if I go down to a 3.73 will it still be plenty snappy and not throw off the other stuff I have bought? I have a 3000-3500 stall vert. 440 Dana 60 Auto trans .545 lift cam.

Me personally, I'd take a chance on it to get the more streetable gear, back in the 80's me and buddy used to street race his 68' road runner 440 with a 4 speed, it had a 4.10 gear.. I live in the mountains, I'd have to throw it in neutral going down hills, that's how bad it held back, he said it was a 4.10 anyways, felt to me like a 5.56... Or maybe it was just the 4-speeds gearing...

Rims are 15"x12" and tires are 325/50/15. It's a narrowed 9", custom axles, detroit locker and has disc brakes from an exploder. The rear suspension is a Chris Alston parallel 4-link with CE coilovers. It hooks pretty good. I just need more motor now.

Them are some wide tires, thought thay might be mickeys.. Don't think I can stuff that size under my 66...

-
Back