Tired of crummy gas and leaking needle & seats

-
Pretty much the same story here.
Going on 5 years with and Edelbrock and never had to change them once.
It was used when I got it and never rebuilt.
See I'm in that boat with my demon and the Holley before this. I'm telling you guys...this is a new thing and probably has to do with the fuel pump and or the California chevron gas.

Are you sure you have "non" or is it low enough "they don't tell you"

Actual "real" gas here in Coeur d Alene is only a couple of stations, and THAT might be out of date
Who knows anymore, the gas we all get is hardly the gas it was before the conglomerates get ahold and "re formulate it".... the gas is so bad in California that the intake valve back side will gunk faster than the valve cover looses it's shine..

Never experienced anything like what the op described. Maybe on a junk carb I just threw on. I've run Holleys for years and years. Also ran TQ's, eddy's, Carters, etc.

I'm stuck with chevron, Rob, everything else will half the time cause mild "run on" even with booster. Pump 100 octane is over 8 bucks a gallon and 8 miles away.

Ugh. We have a station in Gray that's 100% gas at 90 octane. It's about 50 cents more than 87. I can tell a huge difference in my truck when I run it. Is that 100 octane the closest non ethanol gas you have? That blows chunks.

We can get Vp race gas but it IS 6-8 bucks a gallon.... All of our gas is 5-10 percent Ethanol (more like 10) as that as high as it can go in non flex-fuel vehicles. Also we have this stupid summer/winter blend system where the summer stuff has evaporative stabilizers, and the only other place in the WORLD that uses our blend is Norway so sometimes we have to IMPORT gas from Norway...what a joke.

Harbor freight, says petroleum resistant etc...but I'm not holding my breath, still think I'd get more than a day or so out of them

Are you ******* serious?

You're using rubber parts, in fuel, from the store that is notorious for smelling like degrading rubber, and you can't figure this out?

Stop buying **** parts and you'll stop having problems with **** parts.

Fyi, "petroleum resistant" means they won't melt just from being downwind of a gas station. They're NOT fuel - rated (hint: nothing at harbour freight really is). They will still break down almost immediately in air, water, sunlight, uv light, earth's gravity, and most certainly gasoline. Ethanol probably SLOWS the break down of that garbage.

Get your auto parts from an auto parts store and stop giving your money to a bunch of knockoff hacks in China.

Are you ******* serious?
Get your auto parts from an auto parts store and stop giving your money to a bunch of knockoff hacks in China.

The o-rings had better be Fluoro-elastomer (Viton) or they won't stand a chance in gasoline or ethanol.

I considered pullover occurring....b
Are you ******* serious?

You're using rubber parts, in fuel, from the store that is notorious for smelling like degrading rubber, and you can't figure this out?

Stop buying **** parts and you'll stop having problems with **** parts.

Fyi, "petroleum resistant" means they won't melt just from being downwind of a gas station. They're NOT fuel - rated (hint: nothing at harbour freight really is). They will still break down almost immediately in air, water, sunlight, uv light, earth's gravity, and most certainly gasoline. Ethanol probably SLOWS the break down of that garbage.

LOL don't jump the light guy, this last o ring I put in was a HF , the others all holley...and yes I stock pile parts....so I have kits,parts,etc that can rage from '06 when i moved..to now.

I considered pullover occurring....b

LOL don't jump the light guy, this last o ring I put in was a HF , the others all holley...and yes I stock pile parts....so I have kits,parts,etc that can rage from '06 when i moved..to now.

Ok fair enough.

It's a sad state when people are turning to hf for their mopar parts

-
Back