tired of every thing getting smaller

-

ducter

Reaction score
Wife went to the grocery store the other day, I showered that evening and needed a bar of soap... wtf, it's like half sized bars now. 1.69 for a 16oz coke, not even a 20oz. Fast food burgers have shrunk also, got a filet o fish the other day and I swear it was a mini, box looked the same size but that poor fishy was flopping all over in it. Cars are ridiculously small and cost more. Just a few things bothering me, got plenty more but didn't know if i was on one of my own little tangents again as the wife calls them. Is it just me or is this bothering any one else?

yeah, 5lb bag o sugar now 4. 25lb of dog food now 17.7. and the worst, 26oz can of coffee now 18 . sizes shrank, but the cost is the same.

I thought the same thing when I ordered a 1/4 pounder Bacon/Habanero burger from McDonald's the other day. I was actually thinking I could hold it with just 2 fingers. The best example though, is breakfast cereals.......now that can give me an instant WTF expression after seeing the price and then box size.

Ya'll DO have the bacon-habanero ranch 1/4 pounder, doncha? :D

mcdonalds-Quarter-Pounder-Bacon-Habanero-Ranch.png

Cost of materials have gone up. The economy is bad. And companies are afraid to raise prices.

The savings in reducing the raw good is not very much.

But the consumer has to buy the item more frequently. And a reduced package size will save shipping/gas costs. Some items have reduced content and had the same package size to keep the visual size the same. Other items like Ice Cream have gone to a wide but shallow oval container so the product has more visual square inches on the shelf to give the illusion it's larger than it is.

Candy bars and ice cream bars are half the size they were in the 70s and 4 times the price.

Hell, my paycheck keeps getting smaller... but the government, and TV's keep getting bigger. Seriously though, glad to see it's not just me.

I'm 62 years old. My whole life, I have watched everything get smaller. And it went terribly wrong- the crotch does it too.
Only your gut gets bigger. By the time you figure life out, you are too sore to do anything about it.

Yeah, The price of gas nowadays....I remember when the gas wars were on and you could buy gas for 18 cents a gallon!

Get a box of vanilla wafers and see how small those are. Better yet, a box of honeycomb cereal.

Paul Harvey had something on his radio show along these lines.

He read a letter on the air from one of his octogenarian listeners.

She stated she must be getting stronger with age as $12 worth of groceries was getting easier to carry.

I'm 62 years old. My whole life, I have watched everything get smaller. And it went terribly wrong- the crotch does it too.
Only your gut gets bigger. By the time you figure life out, you are too sore to do anything about it.

I am 42, I couldn't agree more...

I feed my Dod fresh kangaroo meat. Pet shops sold it in 1kg bags. Now it is 900g and the price also incresed. Meat is always sold by the KG not 900g.

Really pisses me off!!!!!

tired of every thing getting smaller

That's what she said.....

When ever I see packaging get smaller, I call/email the company and *****. I tell them to stop trying to defraud the consumer. If they need to increase profits, just raise the price, don't try to hide the price increase. If everyone did this, it might make a diference. If no one does this, it surely won't make a difference. Whenever you see poor service/product, contact the company and complain. If the wheel squeeks loud enough, it might get greased. Hell, you might just get some free coupons. I have.

My neighbor had chickens and a garden. He was fined because it was illegal to grow your own produce in a residential area.

Try and keep a horse for transportation. They will take it and sell it. Not having to pay your way through life is only for the Amish. Is this really the land of the free. Not anymore. The northeast sucks.

-
Back