Tired tires

-

Actually I need a 26" tire if I want it to feel up the fender well nicely. I will however send that link to a friend of mine who owns a VW bug. He has a problem finding tires.

I looked um' up earlier and was gonna post a link until i saw the price.......yeow.

I guess if I was going to drive 123MPH they would be worth every penny. I have a motorcycle and I know the reasons behind cheap tires and good tires. You don't want to be on a motorcycle with cheap tires and ride it like I do...lol

Here is me at "The Dragon". Notice my foot peg. It scrubs most of the time.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01NM0G0228&po=228&pc=1053

I guess if I was going to drive 123MPH they would be worth every penny. I have a motorcycle and I know the reasons behind cheap tires and good tires. You don't want to be on a motorcycle with cheap tires and ride it like I do...lol

Here is me at "The Dragon". Notice my foot peg. It scrubs most of the time.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK01NM0G0228&po=228&pc=1053

You definetely want good one's on there. You got a reasonably heavy bike laid over pretty good there...........i like it:).

You definetely want good one's on there. You got a reasonably heavy bike laid over pretty good there...........i like it:).

Hey Rick did you click "Next" on that web page?

After I looked at those pics at home I had the hair stand up on the back of my neck! Whoooaaaa!

Hey Rick did you click "Next" on that web page?

After I looked at those pics at home I had the hair stand up on the back of my neck! Whoooaaaa!

Wow! Man i could never ride like that.......lol. My only endevor was a 76' Suzuki GS750, there new 4 stroke that had just come out. I kept it for a year and was mostly around town riding. Only had about 70 hp. but in the high r's it still scared me. Guess i was just born without the 2 wheel gene. I do appreciate them though.

Wow! Man i could never ride like that.......lol. My only endevor was a 76' Suzuki GS750, there new 4 stroke that had just come out. I kept it for a year and was mostly around town riding. Only had about 70 hp. but in the high r's it still scared me. Guess i was just born without the 2 wheel gene. I do appreciate them though.

Hey those 750s weren't slack!

You going to trip out on this. This is a video of the exact same motorcycle I ride. The rider is a professional of course. The video is made by Triumph.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILxGC6zHwQ"]Triumph Rocket III Roadster - YouTube[/ame]

Hey those 750s weren't slack!

You going to trip out on this. This is a video of the exact same motorcycle I ride. The rider is a professional of course. The video is made by Triumph.

Triumph Rocket III Roadster - YouTube

Man i'm absolutely speechless. Had to watch it 3 times....lol. I had no idea about this bike. I knew you had a Triumph but i kept thinking the old days, you know the old 2 cyl. type cruiser bikes. Wow, 2300cc's, that's insane. Talkin' about torque in the video, man i can't imagine what that's like. Smokin' the tire in a powerslide/drift, come on man. That's the coolest thing i've seen in a long time. Congrats on owning one. If i had it i'd probably ride it like a little old lady.........So cool.

Man i'm absolutely speechless. Had to watch it 3 times....lol. I had no idea about this bike. I knew you had a Triumph but i kept thinking the old days, you know the old 2 cyl. type cruiser bikes. Wow, 2300cc's, that's insane. Talkin' about torque in the video, man i can't imagine what that's like. Smokin' the tire in a powerslide/drift, come on man. That's the coolest thing i've seen in a long time. Congrats on owning one. If i had it i'd probably ride it like a little old lady.........So cool.

At the time I started looking I had a 06 Kawasaki ZX-10R (sport bike) so I wanted more comfort but still that giddy up and go. I can't remember how I came across that video but once I watched it numerous times I started looking. Triumph dealerships didn't have it here in the SC. I even tried Ashville with no luck. Finally in Kinnesaw GA a fellow said he could get one in a couple of months. I road over there for a Triumph demo day and they had a demo but it was booked out so much I didn't get to ride it. I did however put down a deposit. Well 4 months later (from the day I talked to him over the phone) I finally rode over to pick it up. He kept having problems with the transfer out of FL. It's a blast every time I get to ride it.

As suggested, go to a radial tire.

The 165r15 is 25.4 inches diameter with a 6.5 inch section width so it is close to what you have now and is available in a radial which isnt prone to the dreaded flat spot of bias tires.

Bias tires flatten out under the weight and once you drive it they heat up and smooth out-a little. LOL

Also as suggested, the only way to stop this with the bias tires is to take the weight off them when not in use. The dollys wont work cause it is still sitting with weight on the tires. Sit it on jack stands.

Good luck!! Nice shop and car!! And NEVER sell your motorcycle.

As suggested, go to a radial tire.

The 165r15 is 25.4 inches diameter with a 6.5 inch section width so it is close to what you have now and is available in a radial which isnt prone to the dreaded flat spot of bias tires.

Bias tires flatten out under the weight and once you drive it they heat up and smooth out-a little. LOL

Also as suggested, the only way to stop this with the bias tires is to take the weight off them when not in use. The dollys wont work cause it is still sitting with weight on the tires. Sit it on jack stands.

Good luck!! Nice shop and car!! And NEVER sell your motorcycle.

Yeah that's what I plan on doing. Got to many irons in the fire right now but this thread gave me the info I needed. I will get around to it if I can stay off of the bike long enough. lol

Thanks for the kind comments.

-
Back