TKX into 72 Duster issues

-

Mopar603

Reaction score
Good evening,
We're putting a Tremec TKX 5spd into my '72 Duster 4spd. I have Autometer American Muscle Gauges. We can't find a part to convert from the TKX speedo to the electric gauges. I called SilverSport, they recommended Autometer sensor part# 5292. It's way too big and there's not enough meat to cut-to-fit on the car or sensor. I don't want to go GPS speedo. Any other options? Who has done this swap with aftermarket gauges? Thanks!

20240330_200903.jpg

TKX uses a standard Ford C4 C6 AOD format speedometer cable design, if you have room a Ford VSS would work... Or use a cable to get the sensor away from the trans area

s-l960.jpg

DSC04825-001-1-1022014815.jpg

Thank You so much. I sent your reply to my buddy, whose working on the car. He said that's the part he ordered earlier today, when 5292 didn't fit. It's awesome to have confirmation. I appreciate your quick response!

That’s odd, Silver Sport sent me a speedo for my Dakota Digital gauges.

Yeah, I gotta admit, Silver Sport is usually pretty good... I've had a couple misses but they are better than most...

Just looked at this on my TKO, it has a built in speed sensor on the tail shaft and it seems the TKX has the same.

Do you have a Ford or GM based TKX?

Just looked at this on my TKO, it has a built in speed sensor on the tail shaft and it seems the TKX has the same.

Do you have a Ford or GM based TKX?
Good point... The TKX I just installed had one too... But the TKO I took out didn't have a sensor, just a blanking plug.... I didn't dig to deep, just transferred the speedo sensor over to the TKX... But there's no reason I can see that the sensor on the passenger side can't supply a signal for the gauges...

-
Back