Took 6 years, but I'm finally starting my new race car.

-
Nice work Guitar!I always enjoy following these build threads to see what improvements I can do to my own car.Keep up the good work.:D

OK, I know it's been awhile again, my work schedule is all screwed up as we are now open 7 days a week. But we do have the floor in and can now start on finishing the cage. We had to cut the new floor in half as there was no way it was going in there in one piece. That works out OK though as we will have to stretch the trans tunnel to fit the CSR trans shield anyway.

Attachments

• sg barracuda floor 002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,545
  • sg barracuda floor 003.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,540
  • sg barracuda floor 004.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,511
  • sg barracuda floor 005.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,548
Hey looking good! I went to Lakeland this past Saturday and I'm getting the itch. I also have another job for you if your interested. Do you weld Chrome Moly?

Thanks guys, I know it doesn't look like much but all this stuff is hand fitted and takes a good deal of time.

Roy PM me with the details on the job and I'll get with Lyle. We have done some CM work and do have a TIG welder as does my son but we haven't done any large scale projects in CM yet. It all depends on how comfortable Lyle is going to be with it.

Thanks.

Thanks guys, I know it doesn't look like much but all this stuff is hand fitted and takes a good deal of time.

Roy PM me with the details on the job and I'll get with Lyle. We have done some CM work and do have a TIG welder as does my son but we haven't done any large scale projects in CM yet. It all depends on how comfortable Lyle is going to be with it.

Thanks.

Hi Steve, I'll call you tomorrow and explain what my neighbor is looking to do.

Roy- very cool to see what youve been up to since you "retired"... lol
Sounds like you are staying more busy now then you were back @ the station!

Ill be comin over to Tampa in the next few weeks to scout the Rays... Ill give you a call. Lemme know if you wanna catch a game before the season ends. Doug

Roy- very cool to see what youve been up to since you "retired"... lol
Sounds like you are staying more busy now then you were back @ the station!

Ill be comin over to Tampa in the next few weeks to scout the Rays... Ill give you a call. Lemme know if you wanna catch a game before the season ends. Doug

Hey give me call when your in town. I hope to catch a game this season. But I'm waiting to be a Grandpa any day now!

Cool build! I almost think it would have been easier to back half my 67 Dart instead of doing the Mini Tub and Triangulated 4 Link set ups.

Cool build! I almost think it would have been easier to back half my 67 Dart instead of doing the Mini Tub and Triangulated 4 Link set ups.

I kept trying to tell you guys that's the way to go, besides you can put a whole bunch more tire under it. :burnout:

What do you think the cars going to weigh?
I have a 68 Post that weighs 2710 without driver.
I just wanted to know how it compares.
About the same combo but 499 ci fom Muscle Motors.

racecar.jpg

For me,it took fiberglass fenders,hood,front bumper,deck lid and lexan front windshield and wing windows.

Here's some more idea's-pics.
Great build,keep it coming.

0722001217a.jpg

Unknown-5.jpg

IMGP0339.jpg

That is what I had in mind for fiberglass parts on this project. I just wish someone had made fiberglass doors for a Sedan! Thanks for the info Womanator.

Gulp,Gulp,Hide My Head in The Sand.
chevy hugger orange.
Head Hung Low.

That is a great .. i am taking some note here. so if it do a back half car again i will do it right.. still a great job...

HI S/G I'm going to race at LAKELAND SAT. THE 29TH GATES OPEN AT 3:00 WE WILL BE THERE WITH 3 CARS MY DART AND 2 NOVAS, WOULD LIKE TO SEE THERE YOUR FRIEND Gary. Say Hi to Guitar for me!

HI S/G I'm going to race at LAKELAND SAT. THE 29TH GATES OPEN AT 3:00 WE WILL BE THERE WITH 3 CARS MY DART AND 2 NOVAS, WOULD LIKE TO SEE THERE YOUR FRIEND Gary. Say Hi to Guitar for me!

I don't know if I can make it. I have to travel to Milton Fl. This weekend. But thanks for thinking of me, maybe next time.

-
Back