Tool list 2GO

-
not sure if this has been suggested, but on a road trip sometimes a small stash of CASH might save your bacon. I keep 40-50 bucks in my canvas tool bag. You never know if you may need to make a purchase where there are no visa terminals available.

Great advice. I learned the hard way when I drove my wife's car, which for some reason always has the fuel light on why I get it, and ended up in a major blackout. The only stations that were pumping were cash only. Of which I had zilch.

Now I keep $40 in 5's and 1's in the first aid kit.

What everone else said plus a new fuel filter, old cap and rotor. In my slants I carry a complete distrbutor with a good gear on it. Way back when my 78 pick up was my main source of transportation I carried an extra alternator and starter as they were the weak links. I carry an ecu and ballast resistor even though in 40 years I've never had a bad one.......a lean burn computer doesn't count as an ecu does it? lol

A can of pork and beans and a can of copenhagen in case it takes longer to fix than you think.
LOL

This tool box is awesome!

Rani, I know you don' wanna hear this, but when I was in the Navy (six pack Road Runner days) I carried all my tools all the time--had no other place for 'em most of the time!!! I had about 150 lbs of tools back there in two big "clamshell" tool boxes. This one isn't mine, but it's just like the ones I had.

(One time I got into a little bit'o street race, and it was pretty close. The other guy thought I should've done better. I opened the trunk and said, "you wanna try it again after I empty the trunk?"

Concentrate on what you need for "keep it running." You can drive far enough to buy a headlight, and you can drive quite a ways without a regulator or alternator, so long as the bearings are OK. "Set of screwdrivers" could be a "4 in 1" which gives you 2 sizes of both straight slot and phillips.

Be sure to think about special wrenches for that one hard to reach bolt. Does you no good to have everything to change a part, but not that one special short extension to get out a broken plug with those headers, etc.

-
Back