Top 5 A-body mods...

-

JoeSBP

RLTW!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay gents, just for a good healthy BS session, I present this question to all, young and old, salty and green..

What are your top 5 favorite mods you have made to your A-body?

They can range from a $5 parts store mod that increase the practicality for every day driver use, to extreme $$$$$ mods that make your kitten almost too much for the street!

Let's hear them!

hands down replacing the torsion bar Hood springs with hydraulic lifts. And the trunk as well. On my 66 Dart

i have many but #1 would be disc brakes if you don't have them and then shocks
and bigger torsion bars.

Disc brake conversion is the top one, suspension rebuild with poly graphite, dual exhaust [for better music] the wheel-tire-trim ring!!
thumbnail_20160430_110317_resized.jpg

discs off 73-6 A cars, go up one size wheel or 2 sizes ( 13 to 15 or 13 to 14),( rebuild front end is not mod just maintainance, to me) tack, aluminum rad if old one is iffy, auto to 4 speed, upgrade rear if only 7 1/4, sub frame connectors, mechanical gauges under dash ( o k so i'm old s chool), upgrade wiring ( Mad deal),, change t bars if going from slant to S B or whatever.

Electronic ignition

Oh you asked for top 5..

upgrade radiator
dual exhaust
better light bulbs
new leaf springs

295s to keep me straight,
400plus hp to keep me grinning
O/D, to keep me from going broke
RX-7 seats to keep me in the saddle,
Ditching the 295/509 for a more street friendly cam,and
ditching the rear seat,after the kids left home.
Oh jeepers that's 6 already,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Then disc brake conversion, spring relocation, bigger tire/wheel combo and, if not so equipped already, manual steering box.

Electronic ignition
Headlight relays
Better rear springs

That's all I've done to mine so far...most likely front discs is next.

Disc brakes, biggest tire that will fit, Bilstein shocks, electronic ignition and good dual exhaust system

Big Block, BBP Disc Brakes, Bigger Torsion Bars, Electronic Ign., Sure Grip !!

1:Big disc brakes!

2:Suspension overhaul with big parts(Tbars, swaybars, springs, etc.)

3:Wide wheels and tires!

4:4spd swap!

5:Recaro seats!

Hopefully this list will get revised once I do my v8 swap and quick ratio steering box!

image.jpg

image.jpg

In my factory big block dart, changing from stock exhaust manifolds to tti shorty headers in my case has made spark plug changes like having a little small block.Next would be my Borgeson steering box conversion!!!

Electronic Ignition, Floor Shift Automatic conversion (from column), Adding Leanna's (CudaChicks) work to the top of the motor. Otherwise, not much else to point to yet.

-
Back