Torque Converter ring gear question

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
I have a

B&M Tork Master Torque Converters 10417

Torque Converter, Tork Master, 2,400 rpm Stall, Mopar, Torqueflite 727,
I have 4 damagrd teeth on the ring gear (long story). I have yet to pull it out. Has anyone changed a ring on one of these and what did you buy.I know most will say just replace it with a higher stall but my budget is low. This is just a street car with 323 gear and it still pulled an 11.7 the one time I raced it and that was just driving there and putting it in line without doing anything. Just not sure if the ring gears are all standard.
Thanks

Most any converter shops will be able to replace the ring
gear for much less than a new converter.

I'd get a better converter anyway. That one is stock for a Chrysler product.

stock convertor ? musta had nitrous !
No, Chrysler used higher stall converters than the others. A stock standard converter stalls at "around" 1200-1500. The factory high stalls are "around" 1000 or so over that, so yes, a 2400 converter is about the same as a stock 340 converter. I try to tell people not to waste the money if a "mid 2000s" converter is all they're gonna get. Nobody listens. @66fyssh did though and he love his!

Yup. I was very reluctant having remembered how the late 70's, early 80's converters acted I the street.

Surprised at how well the new PTC 3500 behaved on the street when I got it four years ago.

-
Back