Torsion Bar Help Needed Quick!!!!

-
I meant jack the arm up enough to get the bumper out then let it down again.
It should drop far enough to release the torsion bar tension. Only thing left catching it might be the shock absorber. If you have to remove the bolts from the upper arm to get that assembly to drop further, the torsion bar probably wasn't installed properly.

I jacked it up and removed the bumper.Then let it drop and still too much tension for it to move. Torsion bars installed wrong?

If the upper arm is against the solid frame stop the torsion bar shouldn't have a lot of load on it. The strut rod shouldn't hinder the movement either.
IF it becomes nesesary to remove the upper shock nut along with both of the ecentric bolts holding the upper arm to the frame , It may become nessesary to remove the brake fluid line also. Another method would be remove the 2 bolts attaching the lower ball joint to the spindle. There is a little more effort required either way.

I think what happened is that when I backed the bolt off under the weight of the vehicle that when the bolt shot out with force that the finger became wedged in the lower control arm. Redfish I did what you said and the lower control arm does come down. The finger is still stuck. Now I am going to try anger management taps with BFH and a chisel like cudaman51 said. I will just go slow and try not to damage. Hope it budges!!!!

Cudaman51 was nice enough to send me the part for the price of a beer at Mopar nats next year. I pounded on it a little and installed the new piece. Now I have to figure out the tires. Thanks for everyone's help and a special thanks to Cudaman51.

-
Back