Torsion Bar seals- where to get em'?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Im going to replace the /6 bars with some 318 bars and I want to do the seals when I replace them. Anyone know where to get em'? I looked in the archives on this topic and didnt find much. I have yet to check my local parts store, but they only seem to carry pistachios and pepsi anymore so Im not banking on it! :toothy10:
Oh and is there an easy way to get them in and out when you dont have the tool for it? Im sure they have never been removed on this car either.

Ok , its not really a seal, just a dust boot. Most of the suspension companies carry them if auto parts doesn't have them.
To get the torsion bars out, remove the boots and retaining clips there. Remove the lower arm bushing stud nut and strut rod nut. Smack the lower arm rearward with a large hammer which moves everyrthing then smack it back forward again to remove the lower arm from the bar.

like RedFish said, it's just a dust boot. i ordered new ones from mancini racing, a pair of them along with C clips was like $8 or something. and a minimum purchase was $10 so i bought the torsion bar remover tool which was $25. not too bad for price

First thing I did was get the car up on jackstands positioned just behind the front bumper on the subframe. Then I put a jack under the LCA and jacked it up just enough to take the weight off the t bar. Locked a set of vice grips on the bar and hit it with a 5 lb sledge. Came out very easily. The new bar slides right in if you leave the jack where it is. You can use it to clock the bar into the socket if you need to move it around a little.

Mike

-
Back