Towed my car... Should I be mad about this?

-
What a goose.

Its hes JOB to know where to put the hooks on the car
WITHOUT damaging it :S

Wtf does he get payed for?

I get so mad when i see stupid s*** like this caused
by incompetant overpayed,under experienced wankers!

Say something!

No sense in getting mad before talking to the towing company. Maybe they would be glad to fix it just don't know about it. I would call and inform them of the problem and see what they say. If they say to bad its not our problem, then I would knock him down and piss in his ear (but thats just me).Most companies want to please there customers.Give them the chance to make things right before getting mad. Keep us updated as to what happens.

In any case, the dude needs to be made aware with the hope that he won't continue screwing up cars. I'd suspect that some of the newer stuff may suffer damage to the degree of making it unsafe.

Well, the problem is that my car isn't registered... so I switched plates or they wouldn't tow it. If I call and complain they might use that against me, if they check the plate#. I mean, yea... I'm pretty pissed, but does it really hurt anything? The guy towing it was complain about uni-bodies too. go figure.

Register your car the proper way next time just like the rest of us have to do.

A bit to foul mouthed for the forum, however, since I did get to read it, IF I ever need some help, I'll have to call you up for a side job in clean up the house and clocks of the local and distant hoods.

Chalk it up as an experience...yes. But I'd make sure it an experience for the company too. Cooter did a horse **** job.

I'm in Wisconsin also...spray something on that surface rust!

Would I be upset yes.

Did they mess up the car, Yes. The driver is a lazy tool. I towed hundreds of cars and never did anything like that.

Did you do something shady to get your car towed, yes.

If the tow company found out and told you to go take a hike, you'd likely get the same response from a court. It's called "Unclean hands".

I'd still call and complain about the damage just to let them know. If they offer to fix it, get it done. If they say no... you'll need to figure out how to proceed.

BTW, my sister has towed my car on her AAA account before. They didn't ask for much other than the card.

I would be a little upset just because they didn't disclose what they did to my car. Looks to me that the driver tried to sweep it under the rug. I also noticed they do "Axel Work" as stated on their website.

Whether the car was registered or not,doesnt mean anything.

Ive seen race cars get towed.
There not registered.
Whats the difference?

A cars a car,an if it needs to get towed,it should get towed
without tearing the arse out of it.

It was Triple A. So maybe the registration thing is because of them? I don't know. I haven't called yet. I'm still stewing.

Fix the freaking thing and quit listening to everyone cry about it.

Better than dealing with the arswholes who messed it up.

Yeah, call them and tell them they screwed it up, but why would you want them near your car again?
It's not like they ripped the freaking bumper mounts from the car.

It's an easy fix and would take 15 minutes to hammer, zip with a welder, grind it, and coat it.....done.

Either that or call the lawyers and have a hissy fit on their lawn.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT!

Screw that, I'd ***** reguradless of the leagal state of the car!
Though I doubt you'll get anywhere or thing fixed. Bang it back up with a ball peen hammer and coat it with something besides a rattle can paint.

OH, don't forget to spread the word around about the butcher like approac to the job and the mans complaints about doing his job.

X2

Whether the car was registered or not,doesnt mean anything.

Ive seen race cars get towed.
There not registered.
Whats the difference?

A cars a car,an if it needs to get towed,it should get towed
without tearing the arse out of it.

Yes but switching plates is ILLEGAL. Oh well, who needs the law anyways, right? Shady things happen when shady practices are adopted.

Any car altered from stock is also illegal. That is why most performance mods read "not intended for Highway use."

There isn't a person alive that hasn't broken a law or two.

"He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

Any car altered from stock is also illegal. That is why most performance mods read "not intended for Highway use."

There isn't a person alive that hasn't broken a law or two.

"He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

True, but come on man, switching plates is a greater offense then putting in a bigger cam on your 75-up emissions controlled vehicle. Next you'll tell me you drive without insurance, right? Look, it sucks that those bozos couldn't do a decent tow job on your ride. I understand your anger completely. But trust me, when you do shady things such as switch the plates on your ride just so you can drive it without registering it like the rest of us do, it's hard to feel sorry for you.

Where do you get the idea that I switch plates so i can drive it anyway. I NEVER said that.

Not to mention the car really is registered. I just meant that the plates are expired and I didn't pay for it yet because the car didn't have an engine till about 5 days ago.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Where do you get the idea that I switch plates so i can drive it anyway. I NEVER said that.

Not to mention the car really is registered. I just meant that the plates are expired and I didn't pay for it yet because the car didn't have an engine till about 5 days ago.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Well I apologize for jumping on you but you must admit it's still a little shady nonetheless. Either way it was jacked what they did but I doubt you'll have recourse.

My demon's frame was ripped open like a can opener 4-5 years ago when it was hauled out here (AZ) from my parent house in NY. Open car hauler. I didn't notice until a few months later when I started working on it. By then it was too late to complain. Lesson learned.

Some day soon I will pound it back together, weld it, and cover it with a piece of reinforcement.

A strap over the front of the center section is just as easy to strap to. I'll never need those holes ever again.

-
Back