Track results!!

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
In my 71 Dart, finally got it street legal & decided to make the 50 mile (one way) trip too the track, i was told by many this combo would not see 12s, but i was hoping for a 12.99 with tuneing, well i'm very impressed with the results, only got 2 runs, then it started sprinkling & they called it a night, this is fresh from the drive in, never touched a thing, timing set at 30* total through the exhaust shifting at 5000, my 1st. pass went good, just ran the 1/8 to see, I left at 1500 rpm.

Rec. .512 light
60 ft. 1.86
1/8: 8.339
MPH 82.58

The 2nd. pass it spun, but i ran it out the other end. So there is definitly a 12.9 in it. 8)

001.jpg

time slip 001.jpg

What size wheel and tire in back? Are those SS springs? Auto or stick? Gearing? What's under the hood? I got's to know!

It looks like a great start....keep it up!
Definately 12.9's are in it with some tuning.

No doubt there are 12's in it. That sixty foot is good, I run 1.81's to get in the 12.9's.

congrats nice I think 12.70s with minor tweaking :)

Thanks guys/gals, the combo is this.

95 magnum, stock short block
RHS heads, re-ground stock cam from bullet (.477/.477, .218/.218 @50, 112)
Crosswind RPM, summit headers, 750vs holley
904, 2800 PTC 11", 3.73, 255/60/15 DR
MSD/Mallory

Nice combo! Have you messed with the jetting in the carb yet? On my car, tuned to the weather I can pick up a couple tenths just with jetting. :)

Never touched a thing, but i did notice on the return road it had a slight miss, but eventually went away with low speed driving, so it could be lean or rich, i'm sure it'll go 12.8s @ 104 once tuned, i was going to hit it with a 100 shot in time, but i might not because the tranny is stock & i don't want to scatter things, it does have a cheetah VB.

All i've done to the suspention is set the P angle at -3*, clamped the front springs & Monroe Gas-Matic shocks for a 73 Dodge truck (25.5" extention), the springs are 40 yrs. old, there is absolutely NO wheel hop, its very smooth.

Heres the other slip. The car i raced was a 72 383 Nova, he was shocked when i kicked his butt :-D, we got to talken & he liked the car. Theres another buddy of mine that has a 69 504 fully dressed Chevelle running 10.6s (street car), he too loves the Dart.

time slip 2 002.jpg

how much does the car weigh??? also what are you using for pushrods, rockers, etc? nice car. i have the same project going on

Stock pushrods/lifters/rockers. Don't know what the car weighs, i'll have to guess between 31-3200 with my 150 lb. boney ***!!

well nice job on the results. these magnum sure are popular. can't wait to get mine to the track too!! any more pics of the car/underhood etc?

great times for a first time out. Did you race at Ozark race way park? I think that is the new name for the race track. Dang let me know next time you are going to race so i can come watch you. all i need is a set of push rods and my new engine will be ready to drop in. best of luck Joe. Bobby

CONGRATS Joe!!!!!:cheers: Nice looking Dart,LOVE the stock look!!!! We havent talked in a LONG time,have to call you sometime.

Thats a good time for what is basically a stock street motor.Take away the cam and heads and it's stock anyway! Your comp ratio cant be more than 9.5:1,but Im guessing it's less.

Those rhs seem to have really good potential!

-
Back