Trans Dapt or Mancini for Slant 6 to 440 swap?

-
I used Trans Dapt on a 69 Barracuda /6 to 360 and everything fit like it should. I have no experience with Mancini.

In the past Mancini Racing was supplied the swap mounts by Schumacher Creative Services. The picture on the Mancini web site appears to be the same as Schumacher’s web site. And it appears Schumacher is getting some products out again.

Side by side they look nearly identical. Just wondering why the $100 difference in price?

I ordered a set(and others on here) of rear leaf spring hangers from Mancini and the quality was pi$$ poor.
I ordered something else and wasnt impressed(cant remember what).

TransDap is a knockoff of the Schumacher stuff.

When I bought my kit, Schumacher was just getting restarted and did not have the kit I needed.

I bought the TransDap and its a crappy version of it.

Terrible instructions, mount not cut away, hardware was nice though

Go with Schumacher

So if the Trans-Dapt is weak and flimsy, has anyone ever had or reported a failure with that mount?

It's not weak and flimsy, its just a crappy copy. It will do the job

I am not a fan of paying someone who ripped off a design and did a crappy job. Schumacher instructions are top not, the mounts are top notch, and they are built correctly unlike Trans Dapt. Schumachers customer service is incredible as well, he even helped me out with instructions for the Trans Dapt kit, which is about as above and beyond as it goes

A noob question : do these kits convert the original /6 K-member into a compatible SB K-member? Do they need to be welded or only bolt on? Thanks

A guy, here, sells a Trans-Dapt 4697.
Just wanted to know how this kit mounts onto the K-member.
In case I would like to install a 318 into the engine bay of my /6 '71 Demon, but after checking the Trans-Dapt part number, it's for installing big blocks engines (B/RB). Not what I'm looking for.

Anyway, now I know the kits are just bolt in.
Thank you Joe, you've been helpful

transdapt ones are cheap knockoffs of the schmachers. should be a bolt in deal.

just make sure they are 318 mounts. 340/360 mounts are different but still bolt in.

-
Back