Trans ID help, 3 not all Mopar? not sure...

-

DQ81

'73 Dart
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a shop, stuff rolls in regularly, sometimes it's not so clear where it came from or what it is. If anybody recognizes these guys that would be great.

Of the first two that have the weird bit sticking out one has the starter up top...strange.

08032009359.jpg

08032009360.jpg

I thnk this is a 904 right?

08032009361.jpg

Thanks in advance

I agree, 2-727's and a 904. Not sure where the starter is on a slant 6. I believe they might have used 727's behind a few 6's like in taxi's and trucks

The first 727 looks like it was from a truck and the 2nd 727 and the 904 are from cars. The reason for this is the truck autos did not have the 2 eyelets on the tailshaft for the floorshift bracket and the car autos did.

They did put 727's in trucks because my brother used one from a truck in his Challenger and he had to switch the tailshaft for a car type so he could use his stock shifter.

Joe

That 727 with the starter up top, the middle one. What does that come out of? It seems like the belhousing is different and I can't get a 318 to hook up to it....is it BB specific or something?

TIA
David

That 727 with the starter up top, the middle one. What does that come out of? It seems like the belhousing is different and I can't get a 318 to hook up to it....is it BB specific or something?

TIA
David
/6, probably from a PU

-
Back