transmission case busted

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
a month ago as i crossed the finish line running a 10.41 in my bb dart. i got a hell of a vibration and the driveshaft decided to fly apart as i was decelerating to stop. was still running probably 120mph. shut motor down and pulled off track. drive shaft fell out of trans and was dragging underneath in driveshaft loop.
ended up twisting the rear yoke off the driveshaft and kinked the tube. after getting her on the lift today. i have found that it busted the tailshaft all the way around and speed gear cover is gone. should i expect to see any other damages inside the case or just change the tailshaft? again i was not on the throttle but was on the brakes.

I WOULD HAVE IT PULLED AND GET IT ALL CHECKED.
even though you think it happened upder the de-accel, it most likekly broke under the stress, but due to the force on it, it stayed"locked" togehter till you let off the throttle. once off the throttle, it let the pieces become "loose, therefore, falling out

I'd pull it apart too. Most likely there will be more damage inside. Look the main case over real good too as I've seen them cracked/busted from driveshaft failure.

-
Back