Treatment for cancer is kicking my ***

-
Stay strong Steve... I don't know you but I am definitely thinking about you and your family. .. take care.

Hang in there brother!

I had my test in 2006 and after Chemo, Radiation and all the associated miseries of hair loss, constant puking, weight loss and all the other things you know about. I was diagnosed a week after my wife of 22 years filed for divorce and left with her boyfriend.

I am only telling you this because life is wonderful after you survive this! I have been clear for 11 years now!

Yes, you wonder if the cure is worse than the disease - it's not!

It's true, that which does not kill you will make you stronger! It was about as hard as my 23 years in he Marine Corps too.

I'm alive, my life is better than it's ever been now. I have a renewed sense of strength that comes from WINNING!

You WILL win too!

If you need to talk please pm me for a phone #.

My prayers are you!

Prayers sent Steve! My grandfather was condemned with 'terminal' prostate cancer with a prognosis of less than a few months to live, he used treatment and lived happily for another 20 years longer. You have the strength of will to do this-and friends and family pulling for your success!!

Last edited:
Good Luck Man and dont worry about the little stuff

Good morning Steve, man I hope and pray things take a turn for the better soon my friend, by the looks of things you have a bunch of love around you and what a fine bunch it is :) Stay strong and live life like you mean it :thumbsup:
Prayers for healing hands, strength and love be with you Steve, may the wisdom the doctors receive be used to get you threw this buddy.

Your Arkansas friend on the hill, Mike.

Prayer for your heeling Steve... Keep the Faith !!!!!!

Bob - from the other coast..
SO-CAL

My wife is 2 1/2 years cancer free. After many surgeries chemo and radiation. Be strong you can win the battle. Prayers are with you.

Hang on and stay strong!
I had Cancer for myself. Had chemo and radiations 17 times.
Now they say its all good so far. nothing left, but nobody knows for sure!
Have 2 little Kids, 3 and 7.... i enjoy my life now!

Keep up!

I am on my 11th treatment. 21 to go. getting harder to breath at night. Eating sucks. Been working on the Duster's to keep my mind off of the pain. Friends have been stopping by. Its encouragement. But the more I have been talking the worse it gets at night.

My oldest daughter is an angel. She is the only one in my family that really tells it like it is . The grandsons, The oldest is three. They make all agony from the treatments worth it. 2 from my youngest daughter are living here in my house now.

The Harley is parked can't breath in the cold air anymore. It was fun while it lasted

Satan has really been testing me . God must have a reason.

I have not had a break in the last 7 years so no matter which way things go just not having pain will be a relief. I pray at night while sitting up alone . It helps me keep going until the kids wake up in the morning. Sometimes I make noise to wake them up early

Just thought I would let you all know where I have been and why I have not been on here as much. Pics of the kids. Steve

View attachment 1715105846

View attachment 1715105861

View attachment 1715105862

View attachment 1715105863
How’s it going Steve?

I have a hard time sleeping at night. Eating solid or dry food sucks with no saliva in my mouth. Some days I am really tired and don't get anything done. The grand sons 2,3 and 4 stay here alot. They keep me going. All they want to do is drive around on the Golf cart.

Getting better but its taking time. Dealing with it while thinking about it is the bad part. You always thing about finishing what you are working on. Will you see it done? You never expect to be diagnosed with Cancer. When you are it changes your outlook on tomorrow.

Without my familyand friends I would be lost.

Hang in there, I know the nights have to be hard on you as your mind wonders on things, and drifting in and out of sleep.
My chemo meds keep me very dry and I carry a bottled water with me everywhere but I am sure your chemo therapy has you very very dry and drained for energy .
Always here early in the morning hours if you just want to talk..

Your Arkansas friend on the hill memike.

20245667_1744933885521950_6983337285226984107_n.jpg

Dads chemo caused everything he ate to taste tinny or like ****. I believe that if Dad had ate more he would still be here. Keep eating/drinking.
Positive thoughts sent your way Steve.

I am over the eating problem its just no energy. Always feel dizzy. Just got back from the doctor everything looks good. The meds I am on now is where the symptoms are coming from. losing weight fast. That could be a good thing.

I am over the eating problem its just no energy. Always feel dizzy. Just got back from the doctor everything looks good. The meds I am on now is where the symptoms are coming from. losing weight fast. That could be a good thing.

Refer to post #15...I've been on Opdivo ( immunotherapy ) for a year now , got another year to go . It came after I had Chemo 5 years back that went into remission before it flared up last year . Never going to be cured so deal with the borrowed time you now enjoy...it's a really tough time dealing with the side-effects but the alternative is far worst...remember this , you are NOT alone so lean on that fact and enjoy the now...AND as Warren said...:thumbsup:

God Bless you Steve ,
and all you others that are fighting cancer.
You all are my heroes !!!
Life is sometimes a fight.
My chemo begins in 2 weeks (if the doctors finally decide on type of drugs and chemo)
On one doctor advise (my brother) I am fating up.
Steve,it been 10 months since you first posted,how many more treatments to go?

Good luck to you...keep fighting ...
Not to hijack the thread but I was diagnosed with Parkinson disease 10 months ago...

Sorry to hear of this Steve. Keep on fighting. One of my best friends just went through this, and he is now cancer free. There is hope. Do what the doctor says. Cheers Brother.

-
Back