Trick Flow small block heads

-
Why? I drive my solid roller Indy headed small block a lot. It's not cantankerous, doesn't foul plugs, doesn't get hot and runs 6.40's on pump 93. What's not to love?

i drove my W5 Duster everywhere, ran 6 teens in the 1/8, 9.80’s in the 1/4. Ran on 110, but i bought it at the pump and couldnt care less it was 7 bucks a gallon. I didnt drive it 15,000 miles a year. Just a lot of nice days in our short summers.... lol
Life is short

Again with the race stuff, 190cc heads are street heads man!,I thought you knew a bit about this stuff lol, I guess that's why you could only muster 11s with a sub 3k lb car on "full kill" with a stroker and a dana 60.:D
Get your knees knock at the thought of racing....:D.. with trick flow heads! LOL...

I know, harsh, buts its been said a few times before by a certain couple guys!
Yeah but none of those guys have lined up and came to get some either.. a lot of people run their neck but can't seem to pull up to the line...:D...

Save your yikes... The big boys are playing... Get back on the porch with your 25 year old 12 second fan dance time slip...
That car? yeah, that's right! 1000 bucks bought and built the motor.... 25 years ago I did what your are doing on 6k today! :D

i drove my W5 Duster everywhere, ran 6 teens in the 1/8, 9.80’s in the 1/4. Ran on 110, but i bought it at the pump and couldnt care less it was 7 bucks a gallon. I didnt drive it 15,000 miles a year. Just a lot of nice days in our short summers.... lol
Life is short

Exactly! You just have to be smarter than what you're working with and willing to put in the work. I hope to pick up some et with the new Coan converter I ordered today.

Life is short
$7 a gallon!! It's 9 at the cheap places and I think 12 at the track...

That car? yeah, that's right! 1000 bucks bought and built the motor.... 25 years ago I did what your are doing on 6k today! :D
It does 12 today not 25 years ago and it's done 11 for five years... Absolutely every time I asked it to.. it's drove to car shows an hour each way and it drives to the track and back..
And when are you going to stop telling that 25 year old legendary story that's completely absurd and unsubstantiated...
And again this from someone with $6,000 with the engines and parts and no Time Slips...:D..

To be fair j par's car was fully capable of running 10's probably mid 10's with a decent port head.
All is fair in bench racing! and this is some good stuff, I guess this is one way to resurrect this thread but I don't know how much of it pertains to trickflow lol.

I'm happy for you that you got such a great deal on your heads.. is everybody getting that same deal? Free shipping free head bolts? I don't think everybody has already purchased the roller rockers necessary for these heads as well?.. Another thing that has to be taking into consideration..
I'll be interested to see your time slip when you have a engine and Cam and all the accompanying parts to take full advantage of these obviously great heads... That is where I believed to see bang for the buck.
I appreciate you asking me why at the very least and not hiding behind a disagree like others have...
I am not sure. Call mike at B3 racing and ask him. What special rocker arms are you talking about for the trick flow? As far as I know they can use the same ones the speed master heads use. As soon as I get my engine back together and the track opens back up. I will for sure post a time slip on here. I have been building this dakota for over two years.

To be fair j par's car was fully capable of running 10's probably mid 10's with a decent port head.
First 90% of the neck runners are running automatics and letting their expensive torque converter do the work for them. And everybody I seen at the track that was running a stroker motor had aluminum heads and was doing min to high 10 to low 11s.... And of course those cars were brought in by a trailer...

I am not sure. Call mike at B3 racing and ask him. What special rocker arms are you talking about for the trick flow? As far as I know they can use the same ones the speed master heads use. As soon as I get my engine back together and the track opens back up. I will for sure post a time slip on here. I have been building this dakota for over two years.
It was my understanding that you couldn't use just any rocker with the trick flow heads? I believe if I'm not mistaken that speed Masters at any rate are just an Edelbrock copy which I believe you can pretty much use stamp steel hydraulic lifter rockers if you wanted to... I could be wrong.... Also I hope they work out great for you...

My Trick Flows are aging nicely out in the garage along with the Erson roller rockers, Bullet solid, Howard’s EDM lifters, various gaskets, FTI hard hit converter, and a ported and reworked M1 single plane, all wrapped up collecting dust ....I avoid adding up all the money sitting there but it is quite a bit of coin.....money under the bridge. Bang for the buck someone mentioned? Um...no:rolleyes:

Trickflows will not accept stock rockers due to the improved stand location but will accept all aftermarket rockers and most will have better geometry right off the bat requiring less correction if any,Mike at b3 can give the exact details.

My Trick Flows are aging nicely out in the garage along with the Erson roller rockers, Bullet solid, Howard’s EDM lifters, various gaskets, FTI hard hit converter, and a ported and reworked M1 single plane, all wrapped up collecting dust ....I avoid adding up all the money sitting there but it is quite a bit of coin.....money under the bridge. Bang for the buck someone mentioned? Um...no:rolleyes:
I guess 318 thinks that I'm the only one who spent money on my stuff so I can have it to enjoy... LOL..
someone's got to have the slowest stroker on the internet and at least I have my claim to fame...

I don't thinks that's possible, you refuse to see the value in them and after all they are just cylinder heads, they are not magic. I think that's the problem is a bunch of guys still think there is some magic wand. Not taking into account the quality of parts,machining and improved rocker location these will not perform much different then a very well ported set of rpms or sms,but unless you know how to port then you will be well over the price of the trickflows and that's not including the upgrades already mentioned and/or any machining that needs to take place.
For a Max effort car..

First 90% of the neck runners are running automatics and letting their expensive torque converter do the work for them. And everybody I seen at the track that was running a stroker motor had aluminum heads and was doing min to high 10 to low 11s.... And of course those cars were brought in by a trailer...
when you were in mid 11's, your car was brought in by a trailer too.. pot calling the kettle black. Now that your car is driven there, it's mid 12's. Just tell the truth man, it is what it is....

The truth is I left the street tires on the front and put my drag slicks in the back with a Jack and a wrench and drove it to the track plenty of times and did 11 without the front skinnies..
when you were in mid 11's, your car was brought in by a trailer too.. pot calling the kettle black. Now that your car is driven there, it's mid 12's. Just tell the truth man, it is what it is....
I don't have to lie to make friends...

The truth is I left the street tires on the front and put my drag slicks in the back with a Jack and a wrench and drove it to the track plenty of times and did 11 without the front skinnies..

I don't have to lie to make friends...
so, you never trailered it there? Truth, remember

It doesn't make sense do you have a trailer and drive with slicks and skinnies to the track. Not that the drive to the track would hurt the car at all but those damn tires are one hell of expensive. If you get something in them now are you going to do a hundred and nineteen miles an hour with a patch or a plug in one of your slickster skinny's? Not me and now if you get a hole in one of your slicks your rollout is incorrect and you need two new slicks... And Lord forbid something breaks... Then you're going to go back home with a taxi ride to go get your truck and trailer that you could have put it on in the first place... But yeah I've done it...

-
Back