Trick Flow small block heads

-
It was my understanding that you couldn't use just any rocker with the trick flow heads? I believe if I'm not mistaken that speed Masters at any rate are just an Edelbrock copy which I believe you can pretty much use stamp steel hydraulic lifter rockers if you wanted to... I could be wrong.... Also I hope they work out great for you...
My short block is a magnum engine. So with these LA heads, I will be useing PRW 1.6 Roller rockers that will use push rod oiling. Thanks. I hope they work great too. This 360 with home ported EQ in a 3200 pound dakota ran a bunch of 7.16 at 96 mph in the 1/8 mile. The only thing I am changing on the engine is the heads. So I hope it picks up a bunch over the EQ heads. But wont know for sure unless the tracks ever open up. Also I am thinking about building a stroker small block this winter for next year and will be useing these heads. But the way my luck goes it will be another 2 years before it gets built. Lol

Then it becomes which more is a pain in the ***.. loading it on the trailer and unloading it or switching all the tires when you get there and switching them back before you leave... And then again there's that what if something breaks cuz this ain't no 13 - 14 second car...

My short block is a magnum engine. So with these LA heads, I will be useing PRW 1.6 Roller rockers that will use push rod oiling. Thanks. I hope they work great too. This 360 with home ported EQ in a 3200 pound dakota ran a bunch of 7.16 at 96 mph in the 1/8 mile. The only thing I am changing on the engine is the heads. So I hope it picks up a bunch over the EQ heads. But wont know for sure unless the tracks ever open up. Also I am thinking about building a stroker small block this winter for next year and will be useing these heads. But the way my luck goes it will be another 2 years before it gets built. Lol
If I was flat out racing my car and that was it I would consider not using a stroker. The definitely as A streetcar and a part-time test and tune a Stroker in my opinion is the way to go...

If I was flat out racing my car and that was it I would consider not using a stroker. The definitely as A streetcar and a part-time test and tune a Stroker in my opinion is the way to go...
It's going to be more of a race car but I will drive it on the street some. Well I do change my mind once in awhile. Lol I have been wanting to build FI turbo mopar engine for my dakota. The very top of my bucket list is doing drag week. Looks like a blast.

I've trailered too....
My car has never been trailer only..
When I did and I still will it's for other reasons.. take for instance when we had the motor home and it was just easier to pull it because my wife drove neither the motorhome nor the car. Sometimes it's hot out and I just want to drive back and forth in the air condition truck and leave the car on the trailer.. again mostly it just doesn't make sense to have a trailer and out drag racing all day or night and if anything goes wrong have to hitch a ride back home to get it anyways...

See post 641 and read, then reread and maybe read again. If that is the only criteria for buying heads then edelbrock would be out of business.

i don't think you get it? you are saying that the TF heads are superior to every other head out there. but there is ZERO proof they are superior, is there? i'm still waiting to see proof and while i wait i'll still use old 1977 iron technology.

i don't think you get it? you are saying that the TF heads are superior to every other head out there. but there is ZERO proof they are superior, is there? i'm still waiting to see proof and while i wait i'll still use old 1977 iron technology.

LOL. You’ve got to be shutting yourself if you think that antiquated “1977” “technology” can compare to what TF released are even in the same galaxy. Not even close.

That junk you are talking about was designed in the early 1960’s.

I’ve had my hands on the TF’s and they are the real deal. Are they going to make W2 power. Nope. But for OE architecture, nothing else even comes close. Not by a mile.

I’m pissed TF didn’t spend the money to copy the W5 head and fix its flaws. That’s what they should have done. With everyone wanting 4 inch or longer arms the available cylinder heads come up short. The minimum head for that stuff should be the W2. OE architecture and big inches don’t play well together. Not nearly enough cross section.

So the fact is, the TF is far and away a better head that any other head like it. Just because it’s numbers are down doesn’t mean the head is junk. Most stuff I see is an underachiever so you can’t go by that. Those heads are easily capable of 600 HP when done correctly. 9.5:1 won’t get it done, no matter how bad you want it, or what head you use. You can’t have a cam with .530 lift ( I run .620 lift on OE iron heads) or a 110 (or wider LSA) or 1.625 headers and expect the TF to make any more power than an iron OE head.

Arguing the TF isn’t the best OE configured head out there is like arguing what is better...chocolate ice cream or Marlboro cigarettes. You can’t even compare the two.

LOL. You’ve got to be shutting yourself if you think that antiquated “1977” “technology” can compare to what TF released are even in the same galaxy. Not even close.

That junk you are talking about was designed in the early 1960’s.

I’ve had my hands on the TF’s and they are the real deal. Are they going to make W2 power. Nope. But for OE architecture, nothing else even comes close. Not by a mile.

I’m pissed TF didn’t spend the money to copy the W5 head and fix its flaws. That’s what they should have done. With everyone wanting 4 inch or longer arms the available cylinder heads come up short. The minimum head for that stuff should be the W2. OE architecture and big inches don’t play well together. Not nearly enough cross section.

So the fact is, the TF is far and away a better head that any other head like it. Just because it’s numbers are down doesn’t mean the head is junk. Most stuff I see is an underachiever so you can’t go by that. Those heads are easily capable of 600 HP when done correctly. 9.5:1 won’t get it done, no matter how bad you want it, or what head you use. You can’t have a cam with .530 lift ( I run .620 lift on OE iron heads) or a 110 (or wider LSA) or 1.625 headers and expect the TF to make any more power than an iron OE head.

Arguing the TF isn’t the best OE configured head out there is like arguing what is better...chocolate ice cream or Marlboro cigarettes. You can’t even compare the two.
69lead said nobody can talk about trick flow heads unless you own a set..??

69lead said nobody can talk about trick flow heads unless you own a set..??

I have finger fondled so many different heads it’s probably criminal, so I personally touched lead’s heads before he bolted them on. I’m going to the dyno in June (maybe I hope) and lead is going with me. I’m betting that by July his engine is out and ready to go on the dyno.

Then we will have hard numbers on my junk, with at least 2 different headers and maybe I’ll test a bigger ignition and see what I get.

I have finger fondled so many different heads it’s probably criminal, so I personally touched lead’s heads before he bolted them on. I’m going to the dyno in June (maybe I hope) and lead is going with me. I’m betting that by July his engine is out and ready to go on the dyno.

Then we will have hard numbers on my junk, with at least 2 different headers and maybe I’ll test a bigger ignition and see what I get.
Well I didn't hear him saying with exceptions of yellow rose? LOL maybe once he gets his engine in they can bring those fancy-schmancy trick flow heads down to PIR... That includes you and your Dino b**** as well...
image (1).jpeg

For years and years I've been reading about PIR on this site, nobody shows up to PIR, PIR hasn't proved anything because everybody knows about it but only nobody races there. To me PIR stands for Pain IN the REAR ! LOL
:lol:

Last edited:
For years and years I've been reading about PIR on this site, nobody shows up to PIR, PIR hasn't proved anything because everybody knows about it but only nobody races there. To me PIR stands for Pain IN the REAR ! LOL
:lol:
I have hundreds of Time Slips from PIR it's the others that actually have to backup all the neck running they do out here in the Forum that don't show up...:D..

I have hundreds of Time Slips from PIR it's the others that actually have to backup all the neck running they do out here in the Forum that don't show up...:D..
Most of our gurus are on the coast...… East Coast or West Coast. When we get the tracks open again, I'll see if any of the drivers are running the TF heads and report back. We in the middle are busy racing our junk...…

Last edited:
I heard something from somebody about TrickFlow but somebody told me not to say anything. Everyone is going to be VERY excited when the news gets out.

-
Back