Trick Flow small block heads

-
I guess so far I've seen where people have put these heads on but it doesn't seem like I've seen where people and put them on and got their bang for their buck as in using them to their full potential. I mean if you're looking for a street brawler of some sort I'm sure there's less expensive measures... I believe if you're just looking for a cool hot rod and go to the track once in awhile for fun this could be a little Overkill.. personally I like Overkill it's just being able to afford it LOL...
How are those Speedmasters working out for you? :poke:
Oh yeah, still at the the machinist so they can be checked out and prepped properly. Real bargain.....

I guess I would say how many people spend $1400 for edelbrock heads just for time slips?, they need bolts as well as a good inspection. Regardless of the intended purpose the edelbrocks do not have the quality of parts or the flow numbers of the trickflow and you aint going to get it out of the edelbrocks for another $700 bucks. When a guy says I want 500 hp and will never race my car which head would you tell him to use an otb rpm or speedmaster over a trickflow?. I understand they are not for everyone but what I don't get is why any mopar guy would be suspicious of a head being of better quality when its made by a reputable proven company.

that's my point, the heads have not yet been proven.

I've never tried nitrous before have you? Maybe you can finally put the final stamp on this and bring your crap down to PIR and see if you and your fancy trick flow heads can do anything against my factory heads...
New rule no one can comment on these unless they have them...
Whether or not we race has nothing to do with the quality of a cylinder head, hell you could blow my *** away and it would not change the facts. And for all you know I may just break stuff and lose at the line and you would say you beat my "trickflows".:D

How are those Speedmasters working out for you? :poke:
Oh yeah, still at the the machinist so they can be checked out and prepped properly. Real bargain.....
very good question I got around to taking them to the machine shop about two months ago. Mind you I paid the high price of $820 to have them sent to my door. And when I talked to my machine shop they said a couple hundred dollars to have a good valve job done on them and have them checked out...
right now with no tracks open and no reason to have them I have plenty of other fun projects on my car to work on since it is my hobby and a hobby car...
I've already resided to this probably being a winter project for this next winter putting them on so there's really no hurry to get them... If for some reason you think that I haven't posted all my time slips and every lash nut and bolt of everything I've done in my car and then all of a sudden I'm going to hush quiet when I put my Speedmaster heads on you probably haven't read much of what I've done...

So, you do not have a set of Trick Flows, does that mean you are done here? :poke::lol:Sorry, just had to ask.:lol:
not on your life I'm still waiting to see somebody bring them to their full potential? It's the only thing that I said from the beginning but people keep wanting to challenge me and I'm not one to stand down..

very good question I got around to taking them to the machine shop about two months ago. Mind you I paid the high price of $820 to have them sent to my door. And when I talked to my machine shop they said a couple hundred dollars to have a good valve job done on them and have them checked out...
right now with no tracks open and no reason to have them I have plenty of other fun projects on my car to work on since it is my hobby and a hobby car...
I've already resided to this probably being a winter project for this next winter putting them on so there's really no hurry to get them... If for some reason you think that I haven't posted all my time slips and every lash nut and bolt of everything I've done in my car and then all of a sudden I'm going to hush quiet when I put my Speedmaster heads on you probably haven't read much of what I've done...

Ohhh God. You just turned this into a Speedmaster post. Lol. Great job.

Whether or not we race has nothing to do with the quality of a cylinder head, hell you could blow my *** away and it would not change the facts. And for all you know I may just break stuff and lose at the line and you would say you beat my "trickflows".:D
Finally something I can agree to LOL me blowing your doors off and you broken at the line LOL yes that would mean I won and your trick flows don't mean crap LOL...:D..

I DID!!???...
pullhair.gif

You derailleur you!... do not forget you turning it into an alcohol burning contest to begin with?... I questioned they're bang for their buck because I haven't seen any full potential results yet or heard of them at least and someone else brings up my Speedmaster heads and now I'm to blame?...

I think trick flow heads are great and they're best served for people putting their car on a trailer and taking it to the track...
Ok, let me get this straight, first they are unproven and there are no time slips and now they are race heads???. Yeah, a 190cc port is a race head lol, I' telling you you should sell the speedmasters and the iron heads and use that plastic to get some real race heads!!!!

Ok, let me get this straight, first they are unproven and there are no time slips and now they are race heads???. Yeah, a 190cc port is a race head lol, I' telling you you should sell the speedmasters and the iron heads and use that plastic to get some real race heads!!!!
I certainly don't have the cam or the desires for the kind of Street manners it would take to see the full potential of those heads so I'm fine with what I have and probably going to hand you yours when given a chance...:poke:..
And don't forget to bring yellow rose with a hanky to help wipe your tears from sorrow:rofl:...

Trick Flow. the best part they are made in the good old U.S of A.
Our CNC operators and machinists are some of the highest paid in the world. Thus a slightly higher price.
Quality costs and so does power. Trick flow head will provide both.

Can someone please produce a time slip or a Dyno read out that blows my mind with these heads...
I don't thinks that's possible, you refuse to see the value in them and after all they are just cylinder heads, they are not magic. I think that's the problem is a bunch of guys still think there is some magic wand. Not taking into account the quality of parts,machining and improved rocker location these will not perform much different then a very well ported set of rpms or sms,but unless you know how to port then you will be well over the price of the trickflows and that's not including the upgrades already mentioned and/or any machining that needs to take place.

Last edited:
I certainly don't have the cam or the desires for the kind of Street manners it would take to see the full potential of those heads so I'm fine with what I have and probably going to hand you yours when given a chance...:poke:..
And don't forget to bring yellow rose with a hanky to help wipe your tears from sorrow:rofl:...
Does this mean you guys won't be doing lunch. LOL

Again with the race stuff, 190cc heads are street heads man!,I thought you knew a bit about this stuff lol, I guess that's why you could only muster 11s with a sub 3k lb car on "full kill" with a stroker and a dana 60.:D

Again with the race stuff, 190cc heads are street heads man!,I thought you knew a bit about this stuff lol, I guess that's why you could only muster 11s with a sub 3k lb car on "full kill" with a stroker and a dana 60.:D
yikes

Who's suspicious? I wouldn't think there would be one iota wrong with a trick flow head.. wouldn't expect a problem with one and love that they're available for people who can utilize them...
I would tell a guy who's building a 500 horsepower a body that's not going to hit the track that they're wasting their money... 400 horsepower with stock heads would literally broil the the street tires off of anything... 500 horsepower and they would never get traction and when they did they would probably end up with the big enough ticket to put them in jail LOL... I think trick flow heads are great and they're best served for people putting their car on a trailer and taking it to the track...

i have a subaru outback that will go over 100 mph
Should i scrap it because the speed limit where i drive is 70?
Long story short, buying something of good quality 99% of the times means only having to do it once.
Cant understand you doggin people who are buying a quality product

I would tell a guy who's building a 500 horsepower a body that's not going to hit the track that they're wasting their money... 400 horsepower with stock heads would literally broil the the street tires off of anything... 500 horsepower and they would never get traction and when they did they would probably end up with the big enough ticket to put them in jail LOL... I think trick flow heads are great and they're best served for people putting their car on a trailer and taking it to the track...

Why? I drive my solid roller Indy headed small block a lot. It's not cantankerous, doesn't foul plugs, doesn't get hot and runs 6.40's on pump 93. It gets the oil changed and the lash checked every spring, that's all the maintenance, nothing else. What's not to love? The biggest problem is most people don't know how or don't take the time to tune their engine.

To be fair j par's car was fully capable of running 10's probably mid 10's with a decent port head.

-
Back