Trick Flow small block heads

-
EAF7AB30-4C24-49FB-9105-F1291DC3FB11.jpeg
I’m not sold on the low gear sets and here’s why. Take my sons stock crank 360 with a .620 roller cam, ported open chamber (340 style)heads 3200 pounds, in to hole flat top pistons, 727 and a 5600 stall converter, and 4.10 gears. I don’t even think s low gearset is available for a 727. Here’s a time slip from Norwalk

View attachment 1715512571 I’m not sold on the low gear sets and here’s why. Take my sons stock crank 360 with a .620 roller cam, ported open chamber (340 style)heads 3200 pounds, in to hole flat top pistons, 727 and a 5600 stall converter, and 4.10 gears. I don’t even think s low gearset is available for a 727. Here’s a time slip from Norwalk

They are available but are spendy.

They are available but are spendy.

I bought a 1.98 for my powerglide for 650.00 and then the price went up. My 1.80 cost me 700.00. My 60 foot Times loved it running a best of 1.25 but the 1/8 mile ET was about the same running 6.0’s with both. Ohhh stock is 1.76.

I bought a 1.98 for my powerglide for 650.00 and then the price went up. My 1.80 cost me 700.00. My 60 foot Times loved it running a best of 1.25 but the 1/8 mile ET was about the same running 6.0’s with both. Ohhh stock is 1.76.
Thanks for the info.every body on here has some nice and fast cars.

View attachment 1715512571 I’m not sold on the low gear sets and here’s why. Take my sons stock crank 360 with a .620 roller cam, ported open chamber (340 style)heads 3200 pounds, in to hole flat top pistons, 727 and a 5600 stall converter, and 4.10 gears. I don’t even think s low gearset is available for a 727. Here’s a time slip from Norwalk
Sorry I am not following. Are we supposed to see the red light or something else. Not getting the connection to the gear set.

Does your sons car run on alcohol too?

BACK TO THE TOP!!!! anyone have an engine running with these yet??

My wagon is running.
Drove at around a little on Sunday.
Still waiting on tracks to open.
Hoping for some low 10's. I will say it does feel pretty good.
Can't wait to see what it runs.

How much did the alcohol pick it up? Lots of positives in using alcohol in "race" cars.

Never did a back to back without other changes. And my son ran alcohol from day one with his old combo. I was stubborn and held off for years because of issues I saw guys having with alcohol. My son shortened my learning curve. I have an 1150 being switched over to alcohol right now to try on one of my other cars.

Would you rather the post get buried and just go away. Not many guys out there racing right now.
If you notice the last page started in October of last year and ended somewhere now and was getting a post every two weeks at best. I think people know where to find it when there's an update. Honestly I'd like to see the bang-for-the-buck on these..

If you notice the last page started in October of last year and ended somewhere now and was getting a post every two weeks at best. I think people know where to find it when there's an update. Honestly I'd like to see the bang-for-the-buck on these..
J par what are you considering bang for the buck?
I have been out of the car building/race scene for over 6 years and just now getting back into it.
Well mike at B3 Racing engines sold me a set of the trickflow heads, with free trickflow head Bolts and Free shipping for $2038. I thought that was a pretty good deal for a brand new set of heads, that I didn't have to have a machine shop go over them and fix a bunch of stuff.

J par what are you considering bang for the buck?
I have been out of the car building/race scene for over 6 years and just now getting back into it.
Well mike at B3 Racing engines sold me a set of the trickflow heads, with free trickflow head Bolts and Free shipping for $2038. I thought that was a pretty good deal for a brand new set of heads, that I didn't have to have a machine shop go over them and fix a bunch of stuff.
I'm happy for you that you got such a great deal on your heads.. is everybody getting that same deal? Free shipping free head bolts? I don't think everybody has already purchased the roller rockers necessary for these heads as well?.. Another thing that has to be taking into consideration..
I'll be interested to see your time slip when you have a engine and Cam and all the accompanying parts to take full advantage of these obviously great heads... That is where I believed to see bang for the buck.
I appreciate you asking me why at the very least and not hiding behind a disagree like others have...

I guess so far I've seen where people have put these heads on but it doesn't seem like I've seen where people and put them on and got their bang for their buck as in using them to their full potential. I mean if you're looking for a street brawler of some sort I'm sure there's less expensive measures... I believe if you're just looking for a cool hot rod and go to the track once in awhile for fun this could be a little Overkill.. personally I like Overkill it's just being able to afford it LOL...

what i like is every one recommends Trick Flow heads and they have yet to be proven. no time slips to prove how great they actually are.

i do hope they are good, another head for SBM

I guess so far I've seen where people have put these heads on but it doesn't seem like I've seen where people and put them on and got their bang for their buck as in using them to their full potential. I mean if you're looking for a street brawler of some sort I'm sure there's less expensive measures... I believe if you're just looking for a cool hot rod and go to the track once in awhile for fun this could be a little Overkill.. personally I like Overkill it's just being able to afford it LOL...
Oh god, not this again, buy a set and then comment about them, or better yet get your speedmasters on and when you run tens come back and let us know lol.:poke: without nitrous that is

Oh god, not this again, buy a set and then comment about them, or better yet get your speedmasters on and when you run tens come back and let us know lol.:poke: without nitrous that is
I've never tried nitrous before have you? Maybe you can finally put the final stamp on this and bring your crap down to PIR and see if you and your fancy trick flow heads can do anything against my factory heads...
New rule no one can comment on these unless they have them...

what i like is every one recommends Trick Flow heads and they have yet to be proven. no time slips to prove how great they actually are.

I say the same thing and I get tar and feathers...

I guess I would say how many people spend $1400 for edelbrock heads just for time slips?, they need bolts as well as a good inspection. Regardless of the intended purpose the edelbrocks do not have the quality of parts or the flow numbers of the trickflow and you aint going to get it out of the edelbrocks for another $700 bucks. When a guy says I want 500 hp and will never race my car which head would you tell him to use an otb rpm or speedmaster over a trickflow?. I understand they are not for everyone but what I don't get is why any mopar guy would be suspicious of a head being of better quality when its made by a reputable proven company.

I guess I would say how many people spend $1400 for edelbrock heads just for time slips?, they need bolts as well as a good inspection. Regardless of the intended purpose the edelbrocks do not have the quality of parts or the flow numbers of the trickflow and you aint going to get it out of the edelbrocks for another $700 bucks. When a guy says I want 500 hp and will never race my car which head would you tell him to use an otb rpm or speedmaster over a trickflow?. I understand they are not for everyone but what I don't get is why any mopar guy would be suspicious of a head being of better quality when its made by a reputable proven company.
Who's suspicious? I wouldn't think there would be one iota wrong with a trick flow head.. wouldn't expect a problem with one and love that they're available for people who can utilize them...
I would tell a guy who's building a 500 horsepower a body that's not going to hit the track that they're wasting their money... 400 horsepower with stock heads would literally broil the the street tires off of anything... 500 horsepower and they would never get traction and when they did they would probably end up with the big enough ticket to put them in jail LOL... I think trick flow heads are great and they're best served for people putting their car on a trailer and taking it to the track...

-
Back